Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intake Grate

Tresguey
    anyone know anything about this intake grate? is it any good or should i start looking for a new one?
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ntakegrate.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
    anyone know anything about this intake grate? is it any good or should i start looking for a new one?
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...ntakegrate.jpg
    That is the same style grate I started with. It seems to be good to 70mph !!!

Tresguey
    so what would you recomend on the plus side of 70?

tahitijet
    that looks homemade???? The welds definatley don't look healthy.. Id be a little worried to run that under my boat wtihout grinding out the welds and rewelding it.

Squirtin Thunder
    that looks homemade???? The welds definatley don't look healthy.. Id be a little worried to run that under my boat wtihout grinding out the welds and rewelding it.
    They usually look much better. Mine was powder coated black 1!!

Squirtin Thunder
    http://www.cpperformance.com/images/620-103113.jpg
    Loader Scoop
    620-103113
    Brand Name: Hardin Marine
    "SS" Super Sport Loader Scoop for JC, JG, JI Pumps
    This is a fabulous loader scoop. With virtually hundreds of hours of research and development Hardin Marine has come up with the new "SS" Super Sport loader scoop. This unit is designed for the performance jet boat enthusiast with 375 to 500 horsepower. The long inlet ramp design forces water to the top of the impeller where it's needed, to load your jet pump for maximum thrust efficiency.
    Sale Price $185.95 $159.99
    (Savings: $25.96)
    I can get you a little better price on that one. How is $149 ???

Ed Kimbrough
    I need one. How is it installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtin Thunder View Post
    http://www.cpperformance.com/images/620-103113.jpg
    Loader Scoop
    620-103113
    Brand Name: Hardin Marine
    "SS" Super Sport Loader Scoop for JC, JG, JI Pumps
    This is a fabulous loader scoop. With virtually hundreds of hours of research and development Hardin Marine has come up with the new "SS" Super Sport loader scoop. This unit is designed for the performance jet boat enthusiast with 375 to 500 horsepower. The long inlet ramp design forces water to the top of the impeller where it's needed, to load your jet pump for maximum thrust efficiency.
    Sale Price $185.95 $159.99
    (Savings: $25.96)
    I can get you a little better price on that one. How is $149 ???

Quote Originally Posted by 79cvx20 View Post
    I need one. How is it installed?
    Loaders take the place of the stock rock grate on your pump. The rock grate is mounted using 2 bolts but with a loader you need to mount them using 4 bolts. 2 of the holes can be reused from where the rock grate mounted but the other two holes need to be drilled and tapped. The stock rock grate thread size was 1/4", with a loader you need to open this up to 5/16" and also drill/tap completely through the intake. This will allow you to through bolt the intake with a nylon nut. You want to do this, you do not want one of these loaders coming loose or your going to have a real bad day! If your in the So Cal area I would skip the cp loader and call Jack @ MPD (Marine Performance Design) for one of his loaders.

Ed Kimbrough
    Shaun,
    Thank you very much. Very helpful. The only other question is how much more is Marine Performance Design and what is the advantage?

Quote Originally Posted by 79cvx20 View Post
    Shaun,
    Thank you very much. Very helpful. The only other question is how much more is Marine Performance Design and what is the advantage?
    Not sure what Jack is charging these days for loaders. I want to say the price is close though, you'll have to call him and see. The advantage would be that jack would help you choose the right loader your application. Not all loaders are the same and some styles work better based on hull, setup, hp, etc. Jack builds all his loaders and has years of experience! I didn't realize that your out in Texas at the time of posting that, there may be a shop closer to you. You may still want to feel jack out though, ton of knowledge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast