Thread: Anyone do appliance repair?

THOR
    My washer is puking water from the bottom and I need someone out here that is in OC.

76ANTHONY
    check the waterpump at the bottom of the washer, i just went through this last mont. its easy. there is a top and bottom and you just reseal them. :hammer2:

THOR
    I assume you get to it by taking off the back right?

76ANTHONY
    no ididnt have romove the back. i laid it on its back and went to work from the bottom. its a white plastic part, the shape of a kidney. is it only when the washer is filling or draining?

76ANTHONY
    im no pro, but it worked for me. i just used silicone. hope this helps.

THOR
    no ididnt have romove the back. i laid it on its back and went to work from the bottom. its a white plastic part, the shape of a kidney. is it only when the washer is filling or draining?
    Draining

HocusPocus
    how old is the dishwasher.. if its more then a few years old i would just replace instead of spending any time or money fixing it. but thats just me.

THOR
    how old is the dishwasher.. if its more then a few years old i would just replace instead of spending any time or money fixing it. but thats just me.
    Its a washer unit for clothes. And, its only 3 years old. WTF? My Mom and Dad have had their for 15 years and nothing. New stuff sucks nowadays.

HocusPocus
    i agree...we replace ours about every 3 years but we use them alot. with 4 kids who all seem to change clothes at least twice a day.. our machines never stop running except to switch loads.

76ANTHONY
    washers and dryers are too expensive to replace every three years. my .02. the one i have is about 7 years old and looks brand new. now it works great again. they have cheap gaskets and workmanship now days. check it from the bottom when its draining. that could be the seal around the drain at the pump. that is just an o-ring, real easy fix. :clover: :hammer2: