Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plumber reccomendations

voodoomedman
    Is anyone or does anyone know a good plumber that is reasonably priced in the Chino area??? Bought a water softener for the new house from Sears and the contractor they sent out wants almost $800 to install the darn thing. The havasu house was free installation after rebates for the softener and reverse osmosis. Of course the houses are preplumbed for softeners in Havasu but 800 snappers seems kinda high.

MAINEVENT
    You dont need softners in so cal......... but anyway 800 bones sounds about right depending on how much plumbing and pipe is needed good luck man

HOOTER SLED-
    The Flying Vees. Altar Girl might be able to make a house call. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Kilrtoy
    The flyin vee's are the best....

voodoomedman
    You dont need softners in so cal......... but anyway 800 bones sounds about right depending on how much plumbing and pipe is needed good luck man
    I know you don't need it but I prefer it. The difference in the water at home and at the Havasu house is big. The crap in the water sometimes makes me itch a bit. The other big plus besides the advertised ones is I freaking hate all the hard water buildup in the shower. We squeegee when were done showering but the stuff still stays in the corners and cracks and on the fixtures and.......

voodoomedman
    If 800 bucks is the going rate I'll pay it as I want it done right but I just don't want to get hosed on the price because it's subcontracted by Sears. I would also rather give the money to someone I know or a fellow boater.
    We just ordered a custom built in entertainment center and the guy we chose was because the price they quoted was the total price and they were cool and honest and came to the house to measure and weren't pushy. Another guy says one price and then after talking and about ready to leave says plus tax plus delivery and install... The price is pretty much the same. Maybe even 50 bucks higher with the other guy but I am getting honest work. I hate being taken advantage of.

GOFSTSUMDAY
    $800 to cut one pipe, sweat on two elbows and (2) 3' - 4' sections of 3/4" copper w/ male threaded ends to attach braded hoses to. You buy me the plane ticket, I'll do it for free. Getting pretty cold here in Illinois this time of year. All things said, it's about going rate. Just high as hell!!!

voodoomedman
    $800 to cut one pipe, sweat on two elbows and (2) 3' - 4' sections of 3/4" copper w/ male threaded ends to attach braded hoses to. You buy me the plane ticket, I'll do it for free. Getting pretty cold here in Illinois this time of year. All things said, it's about going rate. Just high as hell!!!
    7 ft of 1 1/4 in pipe to the main $83.93
    P-Trap $40.00
    Air Gap $49.99
    32 ft 1/2 in pvc $255.68
    install $315.00
    Hole in Wall $37.50
    Grand Total $782.10
    Being price gouged Priceless

jayd_jr
    P-Trap $40.00
    Air Gap $49.99
    32 ft 1/2 in pvc $255.68
    install $315.00
    Hole in Wall $37.50
    Grand Total $782.10
    Lets all remember they are they to make money. There is alot of details people dont think about when asking for services. Insurance, tax and alot of other costs just ask the flyn v's. I would just get another estimate. Most plumbers rates are in the 65 to 80 dollar an hour range. 2 guys 3 hours your there.... Just in labor. materials have skyrocketed. I do side jobs (plumbing) all the time and I feel bad charging the prices for material as it is so high now.
    You can PM me I will hook you up with someone that can do it cheaper if you need. Jay D.
    Jay D.

NorCal Gameshow
    P-Trap $40.00
    Air Gap $49.99
    32 ft 1/2 in pvc $255.68
    install $315.00
    Hole in Wall $37.50
    Grand Total $782.10
    pvc pipe has really gone up..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast