Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plumber reccomendations

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Funny I thought the same thing. $255 for 32 feet of PVC? Now the insurance, truck, time, etc is understandable. Insurance being the biggie.

YeLLowBoaT
    Funny I thought the same thing. $255 for 32 feet of PVC? Now the insurance, truck, time, etc is understandable. Insurance being the biggie.
    So Ture... as of the 1st of the year my INS is going up $400 :cry:
    255 for 32 feet of 1/2" pvc... maybe if it had about 50 elbows in it.
    I would bet if you shop around you can find some 1 willing to do it for 5 or 600.
    GL

77charger
    might be copper pipes too.that is pricey right there.
    Labor charge i see 315 bucks.Sounds right to me(considering expense cost of bus) but the parts list is what adds up.
    I do alot of stuff myself and cant believe how much i spend on materials for a minor job wheter it is house,yard,boat,bikes,etc.

hoolign
    Get Mrs Flyin V..once the job is done she makes no issues about reachin in and ticklein the ol prostate! ...just plumbin she says!

At those prices I think I need to start selling copper and pvc pipe.
    1/2" pvc is only a few bucks a stick, pvc fittings are really cheap and 1 1/4 copper even if type K (which this likely isn't) should be $40 or so for 10 ft stick.

voodoomedman
    It's all pvc. The big part is for all the materials is running the pvc through the outside wall and 32 feet back to the cleanout for a drain. Everything else will be right there at the unit. Yes they will have have to cut into the drywall to get to the main and hook it up and I wasn't debating those costs. but 255 bucks for pvc. I guess I was just thinking it would be between 3 and 4 hundred and now that I realize about the draining more around 5 but damn near 800 just seems high. Maybe it's because Sears takes their cut. I actually thought it would be more reasonable with them as Sears would control the pricing. I guess not. I have done countertops through Home Depot before and while it does suck going through a middle man I have to say that the pricing was very reasonable.

Based on the "material" prices I think you're getting boned. Labor seems ok. 1/2" pvc can't be more than 5 bucks a 10 foot stick if that. 4 sticks and a few fittings for a buck or two each doesn't equal $255 on my calculator .
    I can pvc a whole damn yard for less than that. I'd keep lookin.

7 ft of 1 1/4 in pipe to the main $83.93
    If all PVC and not copper that one is grossly high too.
    I guess the plumber thinks no one ever been by Home Depot or bought a piece of PVC lol.

voodoomedman
    I guess the plumber thinks no one ever been by Home Depot or bought a piece of PVC lol.
    Exactly. I live at Home Depot. If I can do something myself I usually do providing I have the time and the cost savings is worth it. And I can't hate doing it either. I will never freaking lay tile anymore cuz I can't freaking stand it. On the other hand it was enjoyable laying all the wood floor. I simply do not have all the tools to do this plumbing job. It would cost me at least the 800 bones to do it myself. Oh well I will find someone who does a good job to do it for less money. Something reasonable. I'm not looking for unlicensed garbage but I'm looking for value.

YeLLowBoaT
    maybe that price inculdes the $80 permit...... :crossx:
    I mean really, these guys didn't even ask if you wanted lube... Its ppl like this, that make it hard for the honest contractor to earn the homeowners trust...
    Just a idea... you could have then do the job... then force them to show inoves/receits for the material they used.... if they fail/refuse to show them....then your lawyer could make them wish that he had used lube...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast