Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blown 496 HO Gromet??

roln 20s
    Has anyone else had any blown gromets between the heat exchange and cooling system on the 496HO??
    I have now blown 2 in 3 weekends--first time I noticed it in the channel, this past time it happened pulling into Topack for breakfast. I'm not mechanically inclined, but with the help of E502 was able to pull out the damaged Gromet and use a mechanics best friend - "duct tape" which actually worked and got us all the way back to the trailer without any issues.
    Now, back to Lakeland Marine. Thanks Miguel for helping me out with the shop delivery Drinks on me next time I see you
    Roln 20s
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...rommet-800.jpg

CMATT21
    ROLN 20's no problems with our new 496HO. We just broke it in last week. I will keep an eye on that. I will be needing to get some more Hot Sauce from you. Your Products are unbelievable. I cleaned three boats and they all came out awsome. The Vinyl cleaner is off the hook. I really need something good for the gibson exhaust tips though. I had to clean the boats beacuse the shop you are taking your boat to never put my cover back on after $6500 worth of work and a wash and they wouldn't give any refund. I will never be back.
    Anyway, I was the guy at the boat show who lost the phone and you guys helped me get it back. Again a BIG THANKS
    Later
    MATTO

rrrr
    only on the dcb's :cry: J/K maybe the part it fits into is bad?
    Izzat Duct tape Cause it's Broken?

phebus
    I rememer a thread on OSO on that issue. Do a search over there, and see what you find.

phebus
    Here is a post from Ray at Raylar in regards to the issue:
    Mercury Marine had some problems with the grommets under the heat exchanger on the 496's developing leaks after sitting and use. I believe they had a recall through the Mercury dealers to repair them with new grommets. Check with your local Mercury Marine dealer or your boat builder. Hope this helps.
    Ray @ Raylar
    But, then again, you already know this
    Was it opposite sides, or the same side Lakeland already replaced?

roln 20s
    Here is a post from Ray at Raylar in regards to the issue:
    Mercury Marine had some problems with the grommets under the heat exchanger on the 496's developing leaks after sitting and use. I believe they had a recall through the Mercury dealers to repair them with new grommets. Check with your local Mercury Marine dealer or your boat builder. Hope this helps.
    Ray @ Raylar
    But, then again, you already know this
    Was it opposite sides, or the same side Lakeland already replaced?
    Thanks Rick-- I'll get this info over to them just to verify. Yes, it was the same Grommet--very unusual.
    Roln 20s

fourspeednup
    Well looks like you've got some good info...but now on to the important issues.
    Like how was the Cinco de Milfo weekend? :crossx:

vmjtc3
    Never mind the gromet we want pics already
    Also I need some Hot sauce. If you meet up with Dan next week can you send some back with him? I will call him this week and see if he can grab it for me. :boxed:

Jordy
    I really need something good for the gibson exhaust tips though.
    CLR is the juice of choice for exhaust tips.

riverroyal
    it leaked,also my water pump,plus a bunch more coolant leaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast