Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Checkpoint

boxscore
    Anyone have the good (or not so good) fortune of running into the checkpoint at the I-40 bridge in Topock on Saturday? I came through just before dark and they were packing up for the day, processing tents, canopies, gobs of cops, etc.

Not So Fast
    Which agency was it, SBSD or Mohave??? NSF

JetBoatRich
    wonder how they did :jawdrop:
    I read in the local paper, Palmdale ran a checkpoint and out of 400 cars two arrest were made for DUI

Not So Fast
    I also heard that they would have check points on the water this weekend, dont know how that would work thou, maybe at the ramps???? :notam: NSF

boxscore
    Might have been multi-agency... I saw San Berdo boats, and they were camped out on the AZ side , south of the bridge.

Captain Dan
    It was multi-agency and were only stopping boats going north at the time we went through at about 4 pm.

Not So Fast
    Might have been multi-agency... I saw San Berdo boats, and they were camped out on the AZ side , south of the bridge.
    I'm a little confused I guess, you're saying you saw the check point from the bridge and it was on the water?? Wow, if they do that this weekend can you imagine the results, I will get the lowdown on this for sure :squiggle: NSF

Havasu_Dreamin
    Wow, if they do that this weekend can you imagine the results, I will get the lowdown on this for sure :squiggle: NSF
    Probably why they did it this past weekend.

rivercrazy
    We also noticed the OUI checkpoint just below the I-40 bridge on Saturday. They were setting it up around 1pm or so. At least 7-8 boats, a couple of OUI checkpoint bouys and a very large contingent of law enforcement on the beach waiting to take away offenders.
    Anyone know how many peeps got busted?

boxscore
    I heard about it while in Park Moabi... Made a hasty but prudent decision to head North. Hung out at Avi (donated some $$$ to the Indian Craps Fund), then headed back to Havi about 7pm. That's when we cruised by while they were breaking down camp. It made for an interesting moonless run thru Topock and onto Havi for us. Thank goodness it was a sausage weekend, otherwise my wife wouldn't have enjoyed the night run through the gorge.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast