Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How did everybody do at Lake Bryan??

DeputyDawg
    At the last minute some family stuff popped up and I didn't get to go. How about a race update.

mrgoslow
    "lewd act" on the boards won his class with his 18 ft gullwing. 11 second i think

Shark In The Pond
    Hotter then hell :crossx:

460rogers
    I got a nice sunburn.

Rocket2003
    Wesly Ice won 1st in T/E! Great job Wes!!
    Tony Denton got 2nd in RR! Way to go TD!!!!
    The Baryman Bullet laid down a real nice 229 mph pass on Saterday!!!!! :hammer2:
    I Won a round against one of the tuffest boats in my class (Greg Carr's "Ain't Skeard"), Then I red lit my butt on the trailer the next round! :frown: But we had a blast! Got sun burned as hell and got to see what kind of times we can expect in the 1000' for "Smokin in the Cove"!!!! :hammer2:

TexasJet
    Had a great time with Greaser, Black, 460Rogers just to mention a few. :smile: I saw something interesting ( aside from the many pretty women :jawdrop: ). There is a "rerun" class, I guess if you get beat in your class you can pay a fee and come back to run in what they call "rerun class". Anyway this one rerun was between a tunnel hull with a blower vs a jet ski. The tunnel hull had to give 6 or 7 seconds at the start. The jet ski took off and the tunnel hull guy was watching the jet ski timing lights and took off before his light even came on. Since he left way early he in effect lost to the jet ski. I think the jet ski ran the 1/4 in 23 sec. @ 36 MPH approximately. I'd hate to be that guy. Man, that had to be embarassing. :cry: :hammerhea

Greaser
    Good to hang out w/ you also TJ

sdba069
    It was good to see you guys, Greaser, Black, TJ, and others. Congrats to Wes on the win and Tony on the runner-up, that's as close to 2 in a row as you can get without being there. TJ, I'm already working on the project for you. Our 8 second jet was defeated in the second round of the second chance by one of the most feared jet skies ever seen. We dialed a 8.13 and the ski dialed a 16. something. My driver had a better light and caught him about 1000 feet, and never backed out. He ran a 8.08 at 128 on a 8.13 dial. I guess he's too used to running the hydro's that are 20 to 30 MPH faster than the jet in the 1/4. We spent Saturday night battoning down the hatches as a storm blew through and wreaked havoc on the easy-ups and awnings. All this while we were trying to watch the Nextel Cup race from Bristol.

DeputyDawg
    I guess the dude on the jetski would be in deep shit if the jet got out of shape and switched lanes huh? I have seen it happen on asphault bracket tracks. Hey Gary, sounds like your 8 second jet hauls ass. What kind of power does it have and what hardware is in that thing?
    Also, were there any of the new Cheyennes there and if so how did they run?

sdba069
    Hey DD. Didn't see any new Cheyenne's there. A friend of mine has his California Cheyenne for sale. Very nice boat. If interested, let me know and I will get some info on it for you. The Placecraft has a blown alky 509 Chevy. has a stock 3.5 degree lake intake with shoe and rideplate. Has a Berk pump with preloader and SS impeller.It was a full fledged lake boat. I moved the steering over to the center. It ran 7.70 at Waco early this year with a 4.29 eigth mile e.t. Doesn't run big MPH, only between 128 and 135. intake opening is too small. Have to run a lot of shoe. Motor is tired and down on power right now, but hope it lives through SITC. It will be tough running 6 seconds right now, may have to back it down and run 7 seconds. I guess we could dump a little nitro in it. Ran a 6.13 up there last year and was # 23 qualifier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast