Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much should a good balance job cost?

YeLLowBoaT
    I need to have my roatating assembly balanced. I am just looking to see what it should cost to have every thing wieghted and matched then have the crank be internally balanced. why I am asking is I am having a valve job done on my heads with new SS valves and I was was wondering if I can afford it get both done at the same time or wait .....

Nucking futs
    I pay about 125.00.

Squirtin Thunder
    If you request them to work the crank it will cost a bit more standard is $150. I like to keep the cranks as light as possible. I usually pay $250 after I balance the pistons and rods.
    Just don't lean out !!!

Infomaniac
    $150.00 for a race balance. Custom crank work or Mallory metal extra.

Moneypitt
    Stock stuff, $90. Aftermarket stock replacement stuff, $90. Aftermarket hipo stuff, factory crank, $90. Aftermarket stuff with aftermarket crank, $90. and up, depending on time spent with the crank. (Last eagle crank balance job was $180.).......MP

Norseman
    Stock stuff, $90. Aftermarket stock replacement stuff, $90. Aftermarket hipo stuff, factory crank, $90. Aftermarket stuff with aftermarket crank, $90. and up, depending on time spent with the crank. (Last eagle crank balance job was $180.).......MP
    MP;
    Why all the extra time on the Eagle Crank????
    Bob

YeLLowBoaT
    I knew that a$$ was giving me sh*t when he said 300

GofastRacer
    I knew that a$$ was giving me sh*t when he said 300
    You mentioned "internally balanced", and as Info said crank work and Malory metal is extra. Malory is expensive and you have to bore the crank for the slugs, that adds up!. I haven't had a crank internally balanced (by a competant balancer)for some time now but $300 don't seem too out of line for these times!..

Fiat48
    Heavy metal about $25 a stick. Usually 4 sticks to get a chevy into internal balance from external balance.
    I just try to be fair on price and depends on what I have to do to get it right. Around $125 up to $500.
    The internal conversion on a hardened external crank is no picnic.

GofastRacer
    Yep that's what I thought!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast