Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boat Bottom Blueprinting

Steamin' Rice
    My 29 had a 500 EFI with the ITS drive and my best speed was about 67 MPH... Typically I saw about 65 MPH for top speed. Shockwave's 29 is a big 29. They built a 29 with a whipple charged 500EFI and it ran around 90 I believe.

dicudmore
    Man, talk about a kick in the nuts. :redface: Is that bone stock?
    yes, actually ran best of 69, then added the Rex mufflers and lost a couple MPH, pulled the exhaust turbulators and gained a couple mph...prob back where I started now.
    Is obviously a touch slower mid-summer Havasu heat :wink:

Tom Brown
    I've talked to people that have got 3-5 mph gains with a hull blueprint.
    I've talked to people who get 35 mpg with a full size pickup.
    I'd go easy on the 3~5 mph line of thought. I'd be surprised if you could pick up more than 1 mph unless there is something wrong with your hull like a bad hook.
    What does it look like if you put a 6' level against it? Even a 4' level will give you an idea of how straight it is. It doesn't have to be perfect.

cdog
    My 29 had a 500 EFI with the ITS drive and my best speed was about 67 MPH... Typically I saw about 65 MPH for top speed. Shockwave's 29 is a big 29. They built a 29 with a whipple charged 500EFI and it ran around 90 I believe.
    That's right where i'm at right now. I guess the next steps would be to lab the prop and blueprint the hull. GT mentioned that they tested the boat on glass and that the boat should be a couple on MPH faster in ruff water. Mabey i'll hit 70mph going down river.

cdog
    So how are you guy's doin? Are you taking the boat out this weekend? I tried to bum a ride with Barry last week for the scope deal but it did'nt work out.

INSman
    My boat is running a bit shy of what I expected for top speed, but it could easily be that the mufflers are the main factor, although my muffler mfg. claims "NO" rpm or speed loss.
    I am very tempted to run the boat with the mufflers after the twin 600's are in, and then take them immediately off on the same day to get a good idea of what is or is not happening on that issue.

rivercrazy
    Take your prop down to York Propellors in Fullerton. You will be pleased with the results.

rivercrazy
    Which mufflers are you running? I lost 150-200 rpm and about 2-3 mph my best top end numbers after installing mufflers

INSman
    Which mufflers are you running? I lost 150-200 rpm and about 2-3 mph my best top end numbers after installing mufflers
    I am running the Cyclone Zoomers for mufflers

andy01
    It's a Shockwave, they pop those boats after a couple of days. Nothing is cured, beside a lot of those boats have hook designed into them. I remember a west coast builder saying that on here before. Plus again it is a Shockwave, don't throw a bunch of money at it trying to get 70 out of it. Save your money for the next boat.
    Andy

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast