Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet vs V-Drive: Advantages & Disadvantages?

mrbuzzcut
    I've been kind of eyeing some boats lately, and I'm trying to figure out what the specific functional advantages having a jet gives you with the exception of the idiot factor stuff (less safe, rooster tail, etc). Also, about the boat's handling, which one is better? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    ps. I've been registered a long time, but until today, it's been just to try to sneak a peek at Bre's hot pics. :devil:

superdave013
    I'd prolly go with the jet drive.
    Now lets ask you a question.
    What type of boating are you planning to do?

lucky
    lol - good send me your prodject :devil:

mrbuzzcut
    Right now, I roll a 5.0 on the street, so I'm looking for a similar experience on the water, ie. hauling ass. You say I should get a jet drive, but really I want to know is _why_ I would be better off with a jet vs a v-drive. Thanks

IMPATIENT 1
    I've been kind of eyeing some boats lately, and I'm trying to figure out what the specific functional advantages having a jet gives you with the exception of the idiot factor stuff (less safe, rooster tail, etc). Also, about the boat's handling, which one is better? Any feedback would be appreciated.
    ps. I've been registered a long time, but until today, it's been just to try to sneak a peek at Bre's hot pics. :devil:
    If you have kids buy a jet. bre's pics are on theinsideline.net

Cas
    lots of variables to consider-
    what size boat you considering?
    flat bottom, semi vee?
    water conditions where you boat
    how fast is fast to you
    how many people you will usually take along
    type of boating you will normally do
    \the list could go on....
    oh yea, my choice is a jet

superdave013
    If you have kids buy a jet. bre's pics are on theinsideline.net
    I grew up all my life with boats. Just like my brothers kids are growing up now. Always had prop boats and we all still have 10 fingers and 10 toes.

dmontzsta
    If you are stupid enough to hang off the back of the boat while it is going, you are stupid. Also, the prop is under the boat and there is water being forced out, so you basically have to be off the back of the boat almost all the way underwater with your legs under the boat while it is idling (most v-drives idle at 5-10mph) so after all that, if it still happens, you have not taught your kids crap.
    How often do you hear of prop injuries with V-Drives? I have been tubing/skiing behind V-Drives for atleast 10 years and never got close. When you return to pick up a skiier the engine is either off or in neutral, you dont want to idle over them.

Cas
    besides some of the "idiot factor stuff", in a jet, there's a lot less worries with shallow water, submerged logs, cost of repairs.....I can damn near rebuild my pump for the cost of a prop.

dmontzsta
    besides some of the "idiot factor stuff", in a jet, there's a lot less worries with shallow water, submerged logs, cost of repairs.....I can damn near rebuild my pump for the cost of a prop.
    $300?
    Also, can you rebuild the pump as easy as replacing a prop?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast