Thread: newby here

brianthelion02
    I just aquired a 21 foot daycruiser of unknown manufacturer.I believe its an eliminator.It has a 460 from guardian marine in california.The motor sounds good.It needs a complete interior,should be a fun project.The jet is a berkley 12jc.I hope it is ok,is there anyway to check it out before hitting the lake.Will try and get some pics up so maybe someone can help me id it!!!!!!Thanks all!!!

Ralph Brunt
    welcome here being a relativly new i can tell you that you can get any ?'s answerd here i cant help u much but like i said someone can and will good luck ralph

BrendellaJet
    I just aquired a 21 foot daycruiser of unknown manufacturer.I believe its an eliminator.It has a 460 from guardian marine in california.The motor sounds good.It needs a complete interior,should be a fun project.The jet is a berkley 12jc.I hope it is ok,is there anyway to check it out before hitting the lake.Will try and get some pics up so maybe someone can help me id it!!!!!!Thanks all!!!
    Check out the HIN # on the transom(if its still there) That should help you identify it.

brianthelion02
    There are no #s anywhere on the hull.This worried me when i got it but game and fish said proir to 1974 there were no #s!!!!!!!!!

hondajoey
    make sure you have the engine running good ,change all of the hoses and fuel lines and fluids, and stay close to the shore while you work out any other bugs it might have on your first trip out in it. good luck on your new project

SmokinLowriderSS
    I'd make a "practice-run" trip only as far as the ramp once. Get it fired up, let it warm up, look all over the place for ANYTHING leaking (fuel or H2O), see that it at least seems to idle smoothly, you can GENTLY check throtle responses just above idle for any off-idle problems (holes, bogs, etc), I take a timing light and dwell-tach on this trip, just to test things out (vac gauge would add more info to your baseline). Oh, take along a basic selection of tools to be able to deal with minor problems on the spot. Make sure the alternator is charging properly.
    20 to 30 min on a ramp with nobody else arround on a weekday evening would settle your mind a lot.

brianthelion02
    Ok ,i have 4 days to work on my new project!!!!The 460 is coming out to replace oil pan and a lower end inspection.I want to pull the jet and check it out.This would be a good time to do a little body work it needs and look at painting it or having it gelled,hmmmmmm what to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianthelion02
    Does anyone know somebody in az that does gelcoat?

brianthelion02
    :burningm: I hate being a newbie,tryin to post pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianthelion02
    Ok,its a biesemeyer,unknown year.Bieser on this list has one just like mine!!!!!!!!Does anyone know the history of these boats,where they were made,and app.years they were produced?Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!