Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets Bull Doze New Orleans

dirty old man
    I mean this in a good way. I think before the gov't (us taxpayers) rebuild thousands of homes/business's, etc, we should bring that poor city up to or above the levee's or sea level. Lets not let the same mistake happen again. The job will be easy. If we can fill open strip mines with millions of cubic yards of top soil, we can easily bring New Orleans up a few feet. Leave the high rises, just cover the bottom few stories. In the long run, raising the entire city will be a benefit to all in the long run. Its been done many times before, I'm thinking of Seattle especially since I've visited the buried city.
    That poor city is saturated in sewage, oil, garbage, and worst of all, death. It would be better for all to bury it and start over

topless
    Let's bury compton while we're at it.

syke-o
    As I understand it, New Orleans is anywhere from 5 to 17 BSL. How much would you have to raise it to make a significant engineering difference?
    17feet?? :idea:

H20 Toie
    Or just move the whole city like they have done to towns along the Mississippi before, granted nothing has been done on that scale so it would be a challenge.

lucky
    Let's bury THE BONE while we're at it.
    why topless , you horney devil

topless
    why topless , you horney devilHEHEHEHEHE

ROZ
    Or just move the whole city like they have done to towns along the Mississippi before, granted nothing has been done on that scale so it would be a challenge.
    Because much Orleans has continued to sink over time, I think moving the city is a better solution...

Havasu_Dreamin
    Watched a show on A&E or the History Channel last week about these mammoth dike systems they put in place after the Great FLood of 1953 killed several hundred. NO could probably continue to exist in the same location if we could come up with something similar.

riverroyal
    but here in cal mold is a big deal,just imagine the homes back there in year with all the water,mold here is our generations asbestos

bilgewiper
    I agree! Raise the city. I live in Sacramento (well almost) and we have a levee system with 100 year protection as opposed to New Orleans which "had" 250 year protection. Sacramento used to flood all the time in it's early history and it was built "up" just as they need to do in N.O. I am no engineer, but it would only make sence to go up...........or somewhere else.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast