Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Venting.... Damn people who think they are everything.

Magic34
    I have to vent....
    Our corporate HQ is in Vegas and I travel there for multiple days every other week. I live in AZ, and have not yet decided to move to Vegas. I also travel all over the US and Canada doing meetings and trainings for groups of people. I have a customer service staff that services our customers processing oders and helping them with their business.
    They get this phone call today, and this guy acts like he is god from Canada and wants to talk with me. We get many calls each day with people trying to solicit business to me and they are to take a message and I call the person back. This guys yells at my rep in customer service because he wants my phone # and they will not give it to him. If they did, I would have 20 calls a day that would just piss me off. They will take that message and give the person my email address.
    So here we are today. A guy calls and blah blah blah. Gets pissed that he only got my email and sends me this email message:
    "I was trying to call your company as we are developing a new product and it was like pulling teeth to get a telephone number to call you.
    Seeing as your staff make it this difficult to inquire the start of a business venture, This email is to let you know that you just lost $500,000-1 mil. worth of business.
    And If you work from your home and privacy is such an issue, than I guess you dont take what you do very seriously.
    Regards"
    So it pisses me off and I send him this:
    "Everyday, our distributor service employees are contacted via telephone to speak with someone from our executive team in an attempt to solicit some form of business. The distributor service department has been instructed to take information from such calls and we will return the message via the contact information that was provided. The department that you contacted is specifically designed to service our customers and when a solicitation call comes into that department, they are to take a message and we will contact the party who left the message.
    Many of the serious solicitations that come to us normally send a professional proposal including introduction letter and business background with a request for a telephone meeting. If someone has taken the time to do a professional approach, I will always give them the time to speak with me, regardless of who that business would benefit more in the proposal. I personally, would expect to do nothing less if I was looking to invest the amount of money you are claiming to bring into any business. It is rare that I am ever called with someone stating that they have $500,000+ dollars they would like to spend with us. Actually, you would be the first that has made a call as such.
    I would have liked to take the time to speak with you regarding future business, however, I do not think after your email that the relationship would work between us. Mr. XXX, it is unacceptable to contact me with an email with assumptions of how I work in my business and how serious I take my company that has produced great products for the past 15 years.
    Thank you for your interest, but respectfully, I would not like to hear anything further based on the attitude towards me in your email regardless of how much money you claim to have. You have no information about me whatsoever and you made a poor and very wrong assumption.
    Thank you for your interest and have a good day.:"
    Who the hell says hey I got a million dollars and I want to talk to someone so I can spend it with you? This is not how business is done.
    What a dick. Thanks I feel better.

riverroyal
    i should have contacted you on here first,that was rude of me huh? also i really only have 10$,my finger hit the 0 to many times

Jordy
    That's good stuff right there. I love people like that and have no problem referring them to my assistant Mr. Click when they do get through to me on the phone.

WYRD
    Dude you really should have taken my call :idea: Now I am going to haunt you on HB all day everyday :crossx: :crossx:
    Awsome Response letter though

Rockdog
    Hope he enjoys sitting on his money w/ an attitude like that. You were very professional in your response. I can see some con artist playing this guys ego and bilking him out of his $1mil.

Magic34
    i should have contacted you on here first,that was rude of me huh? also i really only have 10$,my finger hit the 0 to many times
    LMAO!!! Thanks guys, feel better now. Just bullsh*t how people think they should talk sh*t to make them feel better.

Magic34
    I can see some con artist playing this guys ego and bilking him out of his $1mil.
    Want his email address? :wink:

Scream
    He probably thought he was your sole customer. How dare you not give him your personal contact info...just rediculous... :wink:
    Last year, during the Holidays (our busiest time) a customer ordered thier Thanksgiving Turkeys to be delivered the Monday before the holiday. We take thier order and massage it to fit the sizes of birds we actually have, not too far from what they originally wanted, and deliver them, put them away for them, even go so far as to clean the stores floor when we leave...Customer service is a good thing. The store owners son, who couldn't deal with the size variations (these are living animals, you can't turn them off like a faucet when they get to size) called to complain. My brother took the call and talked to the kid for about 20 minutes and this kid got angrier and more agressive. Finally my brother told him that he needed to control his temper or he'd hang up, the kid told my brother "I'll kick your ass, Bitch!". This made my brother angry and made him laugh so hard the kid just hung up. We went back, picked up all the turkeys from the store, cleaned up our mess and haven't been back since. The kids father has called many time since trying to re-establish a business relationship, but we've decided not to, for now anyway.
    Life's too short and we shouldn't have to deal with assholes if we don't want to, IMO. I liked your letter, should have come with a nice swift kick in the ass...
    Scream

Magic34
    That's good stuff right there. I love people like that and have no problem referring them to my assistant Mr. Click when they do get through to me on the phone.
    Mr. Click. That's great!! I am actually going to hire his sister, Ms. Click.
    That will be good. I am so going to use that on the next solicitation call at the house.
    "Please explain this to my assistant Ms. Click to make a decision, hold please."

INSman
    I have to vent....
    Our corporate HQ is in Vegas and I travel there for multiple days every other week. I live in AZ, and have not yet decided to move to Vegas. I also travel all over the US and Canada doing meetings and trainings for groups of people. I have a customer service staff that services our customers processing oders and helping them with their business.
    They get this phone call today, and this guy acts like he is god from Canada and wants to talk with me. We get many calls each day with people trying to solicit business to me and they are to take a message and I call the person back. This guys yells at my rep in customer service because he wants my phone # and they will not give it to him. If they did, I would have 20 calls a day that would just piss me off. They will take that message and give the person my email address.
    So here we are today. A guy calls and blah blah blah. Gets pissed that he only got my email and sends me this email message:
    "I was trying to call your company as we are developing a new product and it was like pulling teeth to get a telephone number to call you.
    Seeing as your staff make it this difficult to inquire the start of a business venture, This email is to let you know that you just lost $500,000-1 mil. worth of business.
    And If you work from your home and privacy is such an issue, than I guess you dont take what you do very seriously.
    Regards"
    So it pisses me off and I send him this:
    "Everyday, our distributor service employees are contacted via telephone to speak with someone from our executive team in an attempt to solicit some form of business. The distributor service department has been instructed to take information from such calls and we will return the message via the contact information that was provided. The department that you contacted is specifically designed to service our customers and when a solicitation call comes into that department, they are to take a message and we will contact the party who left the message.
    Many of the serious solicitations that come to us normally send a professional proposal including introduction letter and business background with a request for a telephone meeting. If someone has taken the time to do a professional approach, I will always give them the time to speak with me, regardless of who that business would benefit more in the proposal. I personally, would expect to do nothing less if I was looking to invest the amount of money you are claiming to bring into any business. It is rare that I am ever called with someone stating that they have $500,000+ dollars they would like to spend with us. Actually, you would be the first that has made a call as such.
    I would have liked to take the time to speak with you regarding future business, however, I do not think after your email that the relationship would work between us. Mr. XXX, it is unacceptable to contact me with an email with assumptions of how I work in my business and how serious I take my company that has produced great products for the past 15 years.
    Thank you for your interest, but respectfully, I would not like to hear anything further based on the attitude towards me in your email regardless of how much money you claim to have. You have no information about me whatsoever and you made a poor and very wrong assumption.
    Thank you for your interest and have a good day.:"
    Who the hell says hey I got a million dollars and I want to talk to someone so I can spend it with you? This is not how business is done.
    What a dick. Thanks I feel better.
    I am truly sorry, I won't call to bother your receptionist any more, and I AM NOT a dick !!!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast