Thread: Dept. of Energy gas gouging website

ECeptor
    I reported my local station. If enough people report their stations we just might force a change.
    http://gaswatch.energy.gov/

ECeptor
    Just out of curiousity, what is your local station charging?
    $3.07

WYRD
    $3.07
    Thats CHEAP :idea:

ECeptor
    Thats CHEAP :idea:
    You just perfectly defined the problem!!!

ECeptor
    I hope you don't take offense to this, but please stop abusing the system. That website was setup to report legitimate gouging. I've seen $3 gas in CA up recently as three weeks ago. Don't overburden an already strapped system by complaining just to hear yourself complain.
    I don't take offense and understand your position. I just don't think what's happening nationwide is legal...but that's my opinion. I just want to make sure the proper government groups are made aware and I'll live with their decision. I just really don't think what's happening is right.

ECeptor
    The website was not intended for us in CA paying .20 more than the national average. I understand your frustration.
    Edited to add: I'm sure if you drove around a little, you could find gas cheaper. I paid $2.79 yesterday at Chevron, they are far from the cheapest guys in town.
    The problem is the national average is gouged...again, imho.

Excessive Force
    i think e-ceptor is on the right track...this has gone on this far thanks to noone speaking up. just trying to cover all angles.

Excessive Force
    some of us arent as wealthy as others to have the luxury of not complaining over something like this... $.20 is a big deal, multiply that by millions and what do you get?...ok ill shut up now :sleeping: :sleeping:

ahhell
    2.73 at costco yesterday :frown: