Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: People blaming Bush for Katrina's devistation

Wicky
    Including my Wife!!!!!
    Unfknblvbl!!!!!
    She thinks the National Guard is only for homeland emergencies/catastrophies and they should have been there three days ago!!!
    Here is a little history for you to read about the guard!!!
    I personally thank each and every one of you who have served.
    National Guard History (http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...ng-history.htm)
    Liberals suck,
    Wicky

sorry dog
    One of my friends in our guard was activated early on...I can only guess that the LA guard wasn't as prepared but we've been through this exercise a lot lately.
    Which the Feds would have gotten involved sooner, but I guess it took a little bit of time to realize how overwhelmed the local resources were.
    Whenever it looks like we are going to get one our guard start mobilizing before it hits, so it takes a couple of days to get the wheels rolling.

Jbb
    I can say driving back on I 20 I saw hundreds of FEMA and utility vehicles....there is a small army on its way to help

Wicky
    The wife thinks there is a light switch that magically makes the guard appear instantly!!!!

Jbb
    I can also imagine the sheer desperate conditions those people are enduring...Im sure hours seem like days to them...

Kilrtoy
    How can they get there when all these liberal pukes keep cutting back on th emilitary and their supplies and so on....

Wicky
    Shockwave, kilr, and myself all in agreement??????
    Something is fishy!!!!

Sleek-Jet
    Speaking for the utilities... any large outage take at least 4 to 6 hours to get our people on it and working to restore... and that's on our system.
    Deploying lineman and material to a large disaster area like that takes several days just to figure out how many people you need and what material and where to start the restoration.
    It's daunting to say the least.

Wicky
    You're pushing it now.
    Now, about my slicing problem....Do I need to choke up a bit more or stand closer to the ball ???

Wicky

You called it. The Driver is definitely too long. :idea:
    P.S. Thanks!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast