Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DON"T RULES OF THE ROAD APPLY

Not So Fast
    I admit I dont know everything about the navigation laws but I use the rules of the road as a common sense approach to how I drive my boat. I drive on the right side of the river or lake (sometimes if you are exploring coves on the lake you cant always) when traveling. So yesterday coming back from the sandbar just about where the river gets narrow I see a 28 Eagle with 4 guys in it and they are headed right for us, I steer over as far to the right as I can being close to the shore. I figure the other boat will veer to their side of the river, WRONG, as we get closer I keep waiting for him to make the move because I've got nowwhere left to manuver, Finally my son yells "Dad WATCH OUT" and I have to make a pretty hard turn to port which is what usually causes head ons but I had no choice at this point, it wasnt that close because I took my actions early enough to avoid being THAT CLOSE. As they went by they all waved like thats cool, ASS F---ING HOLES. Am I right on this ??? This is what scares the hell out of me when the river is busy, oh, and by the way we were the only two boats there so there was plenty of room if he had just followed "THE RULES of the ROAD" NSF

OGShocker
    You were correct in staying to the right. Those guys must have been trained on PWC. Azzholes are everywhere!!! Be safe, see you this weekend.

Cole1313
    I admit I dont know everything about the navigation laws but I use the rules of the road as a common sense approach to how I drive my boat. I drive on the right side of the river or lake (sometimes if you are exploring coves on the lake you cant always) when traveling. So yesterday coming back from the sandbar just about where the river gets narrow I see a 28 Eagle with 4 guys in it and they are headed right for us, I steer over as far to the right as I can being close to the shore. I figure the other boat will veer to their side of the river, WRONG, as we get closer I keep waiting for him to make the move because I've got nowwhere left to manuver, Finally my son yells "Dad WATCH OUT" and I have to make a pretty hard turn to port which is what usually causes head ons but I had no choice at this point, it wasnt that close because I took my actions early enough to avoid being THAT CLOSE. As they went by they all waved like thats cool, ASS F---ING HOLES. Am I right on this ??? This is what scares the hell out of me when the river is busy, oh, and by the way we were the only two boats there so there was plenty of room if he had just followed "THE RULES of the ROAD" NSF
    Welcome to my world. No take the same situation, expect you are in an 18 low free board boat and the boat coming at you is a 40 ft skater. Then they have the balls to turn around and try to fight you. It is a rare situation that this happens, but at least it was you he was coming at and not some newbie that would not know what to do. It could have been really bad.

TRIMM MANN
    NSF,
    I have never seen you post anything but complaints????

Jyruiz
    Those guys must have been trained on PWC
    I love how every a-hole in a boat out there must have been a PWC owner or trained on a PWC. An a-hole is an a-hole from birth, no matter what he ownes.
    I am always on alert when I am boating, no matter what type of boat is out there. Now a days, everybody feels they have the right to something, and it is never there fault.
    Not So Fast,
    I am glad you took precautions, it sucked that they did that, but at least you live to tell about it. I hate seing anybody get hurt because of a-holes out there.

Not So Fast
    NSF,
    Well,get over it because as long as there are ass holes among us I'll call a spade a spade, that is if it's OK with you!!! NSF

Not So Fast
    NSF,
    I'm sure there had to be one or two that were "Happy Thoughts" NSF

1stepcloser
    This was the exact scenario that played out with me this past July, except the offender was on a PWC, and when I made my hard to port turn, they steered right into me, T-boning me on the side of my hull.
    My boat is still in getting repaired.
    I have little sympathy for assholes on any form of motorized vehicle.

Debbolas
    Another good thing to do is to turn your boat to see if the other boat is mirroring you. That way you could pass on the left and have more room. (not get squished between the rocks) But I think you are right about staying to the right.
    We've had a couple of these and Scream just turns the boat back and forth untill they decide what side they are going on.

HM
    NSF,
    That is the ABC's of NSF. He always calls a spade a spade, it just seems like all the spades he finds are negative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast