Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Words That Should Never Be Spoken

burtandnancy
    I've watched a lot of TV for the last few days, and heard two words that should never have been uttered in the United States: American Refugees
    From the very lowest agency in those devastated cities, to the top of the heap, where the buck stops, I've never seen such ineptitude; from the cop on the corner (or where was he) to the Pentagon and White House, to the agencies who couldn't even deliver the basics for live itself: water. No single entity from the head of a household to President Bush is going to skate on this one. No one is to blame, everyone is. The final lesson here, Mother Nature is a Bitch, and we better learn this soon.
    Rant Over, maybe I should have stayed in boating.
    Burt

Man-de-lone
    Did the levee break due to Mother Nature....... :coffeycup

HighRoller
    I guess we have gotten too comfortable in our lives when a level 5 hurricane hits and people are "outraged" that anyone is inconvenienced. But, I'm sure the FEMA guys are all out playing golf today and those choppers that were picking people off of rooftops were not real. They were stock footage from 10 years ago. Stop looking for someone to blame and deal with it.

CARLSON-JET
    Did the levee break due to Mother Nature....... :coffeycup
    It's levees as in plural.. Still, NO should have had better planning IMO. We as a nation are gaining speed. Many donations and good news are also being reported. hang in there fellow AMERICANS. R.B.

HighRoller
    BTW, "American Refugees" is an oxymoron when the people are still in America. They didn't flee the country. Dumbass news people looking to dramatize everything again. Unfortunately they are too stupid to get it right.

haulina29
    I agree shut up and deal with it . I live in America but I didnt build the levees it happened now get over it . Many were told to leave and didnt "im sure there were a select few who couldnt " but to the ones who could and stayed tuff shit .

mike37
    they will probably need to get the OK from an environmental protection agency before they can re build the levees
    now there is a new habitat for fish and wildlife and to Chang that its going to take a lot of red tape
    the brown trout must have its new home so the city must stay flooded until this can all be worked out

EXTREMEBOATS
    Having been thru the last hurricane season up close and personal, please realize the reality is worse than what you are seeing. Have some compassion for the human life being lost and the suffering they all will go thru in the coming months. Blame is worthless.

HighRoller
    Which brings up my next point. This is not the first hurricane to hit that region, nor will it be the last. It's not like this was a "surprise"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LIVE IN A DAMN HURRICANE ZONE SO YOU'RE GOING TO BE HIT BY HURRICANES!!!!!HELLO? ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION? I LIVE IN AN AREA WHERE IT'S HOT. DO YOU HEAR ME BITCHING ABOUT THE HEAT? YOU CHOSE TO LIVE THERE SO YOU COULD AT LEAST BE READY FOR A HURRICANE!!!!!AND WHEN THEY TELL YOU THE BIGGEST HURRICANE IN TEN YEARS IS COMING....LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2purples:

haulina29
    High Roller AMEN brother!!!!! Aint like its the first time the winds blown down there . Use your head get the hell out of there for good .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast