Here's a word of advise! If you find out who it is and where they are at, do not contact the police. Handle it yourself. I know this from first hand experience. I called the police when I got a phone call and knew a guy was headed towards my shop with some stolen parts from one of my customers boat. I did what I was supposed to do. The guy gets here and brings in a few of the parts in a tupperware box. The police walk in shortly after he gets here and ask him where he got the parts. I give the police the customers ph. # and they call him and confirm that these are the parts. The thief tells the police that he was selling them for a widow who's husband had passed away a few months ago. The police follow up on the story and yes her husband had passed away but knew nothing about any parts or this guy. The thief tells the police she knew nothing about it or him. In short he gets out of it and my customer gets only a few of his parts back. The weekend following all of this, my shop gets vandalized and all of the boats sitting out in my fenced in area get hit. They cut through the fence and they stole everything out of them and cut up all the upholstry. I call the police and guess what they tell me? Sorry for your problems and damage. Call your insurance company and we will do what we can. Never heard from them again. I will never call them again. I don't want any record of me contacting them just in case something was to ever happen.
Good luck!