Thread: anybody in Chicago?

Going to take my son to a Cubs game for his 18th birthday later this month. We're out in so cal, never been to Chi town, and was wondering what are some other things to do? Going to be there from Friday at noon until Sunday night. Day game on Saturday. Just the two of us, (a surprise to him). Landing at O'hare. Hotel is less than a mile from Wrigley.
    Thanks for any help..........

CARLSON-JET
    Oldrigger,There is soooo much to do in chitown 2 days with a game in the middle leaves very little time to even begin to see very much. So, get up early go to bed late. You have to eat which gives you places to get some really good grub without breaking the bank. There are a few things in chicagoland I think are a must do. Boat tour on the chicago river, a ride up the sears tower or hanckock observation deck from the 100th floor. gives a really good view of the town and all the surrounding areas. There is the museum of science and industry. Navy pier is cool and full of fun. all these things are within a few miles of wrigley field. when are you going to be out here? no need to rent a car.. chitown is easy to get around on the city transit system called CTA. You can get from the airport to downtown on this and let you see more then a map and traffic. they usually run till midnight. and there are a million taxis. have fun out here. R.B.

thank you RB,
    that's just the kind of stuff I was hoping to find out about with, like you pointed out, very little time to spend there.

charlie f
    He gave you some great places to go while there, I go there alot on business.
    The city has great food, but one of the best places for pizza is Ginos East, it is downtown and is famous for its deep dish pizzas, another neat place is the Chicago Chop House a famous steak house with the old gangster influence.
    You will have a great time there.......

RiverToysJas
    Get kphayes to take you to Kief's Reef on the Fox River! Great food, fun place. I am bias though.....Me and the owner are like family.....actually we are family!
    RTJas

Backtanner
    Boat tour on the chicago river....
    Yeah, as long as Dave Matthews Band isn't in the neighborhood.