Thread: Leaky Jetavator Seals

pebrown
    Hey guys, I need some help.
    Is there any after market "O"-ring seals for a Berkley JG w/ a jet-a-vator that won't leak? Or at least keep it to a miumum? Are the O-rings the same for the steering and the nozzle trim sections? Any help is appreciated!

Squirtin Thunder
    No they all will leak !!! The problem is your stock Jet-O-Vader is worn witch means it need some extra attention. Sea Goin Epoxy (found at Rex Marine) is a great tool for this.

Squirtin Thunder
    The Berk Jet-O-Vader and the Place Diverter use different O-Rings !!!

CARLSON-JET
    Pebrown, I dont know about the jet-o-vator but on the place div. I believe the orings are not the same. The nozzle itself has a soft oring. mine was a piece of clear tubing pulled over a piece of plastic offset to hold as a full circle. the place divereter joint to bowl/JG style nozzle housing was a hard white nylon oring. if it leakes really bad some guys build it back up using things like jb weld, sea going putty and a few other things. I may have the Orings backwards in relation ship but yes they are different.( at least the ones I bought directly from place for their diverter).

Squirtin Thunder
    Pebrown, I dont know about the jet-o-vator but on the place div. I believe the orings are not the same. The nozzle itself has a soft oring. mine was a piece of clear tubing pulled over a piece of plastic offset to hold as a full circle. the place divereter joint to bowl/JG style nozzle housing was a hard white nylon oring. if it leakes really bad some guys build it back up using things like jb weld, sea going putty and a few other things. I may have the Orings backwards in relation ship but yes they are different.( at least the ones I bought directly from place for their diverter).
    Yes you are right on the O-rings !!!

pebrown
    Thanks for the help guys! So the Epoxy would go on the housing itself to build it up a bit, am I correct? Getting rid of the excess clearence? I'll order so epoxy from Rex and get a couple of new "o"-rings for the nozzle as well. We'll see what happens.