Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havasu weather (Sat)

INSman
    In the later afternoon on Saturday around Havasu Springs, the winds picked up and some very not so friendly clouds lurked in the distance.
    We started to head towards Thompsons when we hit Steamboat and I have never seen so many boats trying to leave a single area !! Looked like someone phoned in a bomb scare !!
    Long story short, the water got very rough from that point all the way back top the channel. I hit the tabs and then hit the throttle in the Shockwave and marched on in, passing countless boats that were taking an obvious beating. Long story short, I am very happy with my boat and was impressed on how it handled the "Big" water.

Havasu Hangin'
    Very nice. Those 29 Shockwaves are great rough water boats. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili.../xyxthumbs.gif
    Now take that beast out in the ocean and let's see a couple feet of air under the props!

Mrs.Racer277
    Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Congrats on being happy with the boat.

Kilrtoy
    When in the havasu area...
    When the winds starts to blow from the south to the north... Get the hell off the water

INSman
    Very nice. Those 29 Shockwaves are great rough water boats. http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmili.../xyxthumbs.gif
    Now take that beast out in the ocean and let's see a couple feet of air under the props!
    Yup, the ocean would be the test for sure and would probably prefer to have a closed bow for that, but won't let it stop me from trying !!

Havasu Hangin'
    Yup, the ocean would be the test for sure and would probably prefer to have a closed bow for that, but won't let it stop me from trying !!
    Just put some duct tape over that open bow...and git er done!

LAVEYSABRE575
    those winds came from out of the blue, i was wipeing my rig down when it started i thought it was going to break my flag pole, it was like a freak dust storm the wind was full of dirt one hour of hell...derek

SummitKarl
    hey your new casa should be close, hows it coming?

INSman
    hey your new casa should be close, hows it coming?
    They are hauling ass and I am thinking 5-6 weeks until completion !!!
    I drove by today and all is well. Cabinets are in the house, waiting to be set. We are going with a "Tuscan" type theme on the outside, what do you think ?
    We are having some stone/brick work done to the outside pillars and such and having the front door and the garage doors painted brownish to match the roof.

INSman
    those winds came from out of the blue, i was wipeing my rig down when it started i thought it was going to break my flag pole, it was like a freak dust storm the wind was full of dirt one hour of hell...derek
    In all fairness, I did see a Lavey and Cobra running pretty hard through the soup as well !!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast