Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana Point, Labor Day Pics

BajaMike

JB in so cal
    Nice Pics.
    I've spent many days on and around DP harbor. My parents had a boat when I was in high school; used to cruise around the point to Strands and anchor. My friends would swim out, we'd cruise and do high speed "Navy Seal" drops off the stern - really stupid to think of doing, now.
    The last boat I had in the water there was my 23' about 2 1/2 years ago. Not putting the deck in, though.
    Again. Nice pics.

BajaMike
    I love Havasu and the river, but the harbor is a 5 minute drive vs. a 5 hour drive....
    :eat: :hammer2:

76ANTHONY
    what size is that baja?? :idea:

BajaMike
    what size is that baja?? :idea:
    20 foot..... :shift:

76ANTHONY
    im thinking about getting one, how is it, where do you run it??

Mrs. casean
    Growing up there I never knew the harbor "went off" like that... I never would have thought to go cruise through it! Looks like a good day out there! That's so cool they all went and got their rafts out to float! How fun!

BajaMike
    im thinking about getting one, how is it, where do you run it??
    It's a nice boat for the size and price, but of course i want a bigger boat (but first I have to get a bigger truck to tow it....i have a 1/2 ton Chevy that's paid for).
    My son and friends like to wakeboard, so that's why i put the tower on it.
    Lake Powell, Summer 2004
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ke_Powell2.JPG
    I boat at Dana Point harbor and nearby, but it usually isn't smooth enough to wake board or go very fast in my boat. It runs best at Havasu or the river, when it's smooth.
    I have 100 hours on it and no problems. I talked to a guy this weekend with a brand new Shockwave 29'.....i love that boat!
    :eat: :hammer2:

BajaMike
    4th of July is the big weekend down here. The harbor patrol just hangs out around the main channel and watches the huge water fight that goes on. It's a lota fun considering it is DP Harbor :sleeping:
    Ya, the water fighters are annoying.... :220v:

Man-de-lone
    We hit up San Diego Bay yesterday and there were some big ol yachts rafted up in Glorietta Bay by the del Coronado Hotel. Water isnt' as nice a Havi but like you said, the short drive is nice. We checked out the fancy waterfront homes and the big Navy ships....found a beach and played in the sand...
    It is cool to have the fastest boat on the water......not like the river...LOL
    I saw a Magic Deckboat out in Catalina one time....I dont' think an occasional dip in the salt will hurt it much :hammer2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast