Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The REAL MPH difference between a Jet and a V drive!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Jerry, you're such a stickler for details.....We all know which would/could be faster.....I question the reported performance in the jet.......Ray
    Ray, I think that Cole has more in it. Just needs the setup fine tuned

steelcomp
    To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
    never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.
    One's a comin.
    I'll be glad do get done with my Bahner for a while so I can work on my real boat...my 19 Spectra V dr.

dmontzsta
    Lance was the man...650hp single carb 121mph...one can only wish their boat was that dialed in. Truely amazing.
    I am hoping for 100mph with 600-625hp.

QuickJet
    Dude, you can't compare the two..... Power to a jet, vs power to a prop are NOT the same.....Changing gears and the prop, WHY? The prop will come right in to the gear change, or vice versa. Dial the boat in with what ya got, then adjust to your power plant. Sure, change the gears to meet your power range, or change the prop to bring the Rs up or down, but don't change both at the same time, or you're just pissing in the wind, and the true level of performance will never be known............MP
    I'm changing the prop because it's not mine. I bought the boat without one. A good friend was kind enough to lend me his so that I could bring it this last weekend. I am going to get a similar cut one (no two props are the same) and change the gears to better suit my engine's power. My RPM's are 5,800 @ 91.4 mph!
    I am pretty confident that I can pick up a few more MPH without changing a thing on the engine.

QuickJet
    To put it into perspective....My motor in my old jet boat went 115 and change...same motor in my new jet boat went 124 and change. its all in the hull and set up and not the method of propulsion. Either one will get the job done when set up properly.
    never seen a bahner that set the world on fire performance wise. You just went from an average jet boat to a better vdrive is all.
    If it's all in the hull then why are so many Jet boats affraid to race V-drives J/K Not to mention you rarely see a 22' or bigger boat with a jet on the back of it. Sure you can make ANY type of propulsion fast and your boat exemplifies that, it just depends on how much money you want to spend.
    And I can pretty much gauruntee that if I hung a Berkely off the back of my Cole it would slow down quite a bit.

QuickJet
    QJ, thats cool, I always wondered what the result of such a transfer would be, I know that TR2 is a runner bottom, what model/length was the Bahner? I'm also a jet guy that recently went to a v-drive, its been fun for me too.
    My Bahner was a 19' semi V hull. It was a great boat I just out grew it in my quest for speed and acceleration.

Cover your cornflakes cause LV is pissing again . Popcorn anyone?

Carnivalride
    I'm changing the prop because it's not mine. I bought the boat without one. A good friend was kind enough to lend me his so that I could bring it this last weekend. I am going to get a similar cut one (no two props are the same) and change the gears to better suit my engine's power. My RPM's are 5,800 @ 91.4 mph!
    I am pretty confident that I can pick up a few more MPH without changing a thing on the engine.
    That's great glad your happy! I think you should be able to get more out of too. I run a heavy Hondo runner bottom that used to run consistant mid 90's (mph) at the drags with a low compression, single 4bbl 454. Shoot for 100mph

INEEDAV
    Cover your cornflakes cause LV is pissing again . Popcorn anyone?
    As many bowls of cornflakes as he pisses in you'd think he would dehydrate himself. LV drink some water, your gonna make yourself sick..........

superdave013
    Guys, he's still over geared. Just wait until he gets some 15 or better yet some 12's in that sucker. LV with his big buck DNE engine will never be able to keep up. lol
    I don't see what the drama is. He took the engine out of a run of the mill jet and slapped it in a run of the mill flat. I know it's a TR2 and trust me, I'm not dissin it one bit. But it's not some super light weight boat built with all the new wizzy materials like the Canyons (among others) are. It's just a Cole flat just like Jim Cole built them for the general Joe Smoe.
    Hey LV, I wonder what his boat would run with your engine? Prolly be a stout Comp Flat right off the trailer.
    Congrats man, isn't driving a flat the most bad ass feeling?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast