Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Wake Zones (New Ones)

Not So Fast
    Did they have them posted today? If so how was it? Could be a dangerous situation with boats coming off plane and then back on plane plus idling, smaller boats ?????????? good luck. It's a bad idea from a safety point of view isn't it??? :idea: NSF

77charger
    dont think that dangerous IMO.I go thru the gorge in a 21ftr getting passed by someone going 80 only 20ft away then cut across the front of bow only a couple feet is more dangerous to me.Its only going to be a short distance.I gave up on counting the near misses going thru that small part i usually cruise at 35-40

duffster
    I don’t like it but have seen from past experience. A lot of potential major accidents on that corner. “Devils Elbow”

checkr'd past
    Lets be honest here, with all the crowds getting bigger and more inexperienced boaters in the mix , its a welcomed rule. Unfortunitly I'm sure there more restrictions coming

DEMOMAN
    Thats probably the most beautiful stretch of the gorge. Most of the time you can't come off plane there with fear of getting run over. I think it will be nice to creep thru there and take in the scenery. I do worry about how all these boats will manuever at idle with the current. Maybe it will be like bumper boats. Guess we'll have to see how it works.

OCMerrill
    I have only been through the Gorge a 1/2 dozen times. For me and my boat I have to come off plane anyway. If I dont, I run the risk of stuffing the nose in one of those "confused" 3' wake sloshes.
    Judging by what I see in all the other no wake zones...Lake lice will think it doesen't apply to them.
    Down in front of the Blue Water on the strip I rarely see a pwc crawling through that no wake 1/2 mile.

shueman
    Anyboby go to Topock for breakfast on Sunday....??
    Was the Gorge NO WAKE....??

Huckleberry
    Pardon my ignorance...But where are these new No Wakes Zones???

shueman
    Devils Elbow / Topock Gorge is that narrow rock walled stretch of water between the the Havasu Sandbar and I-40 Bridge....
    Looks like this on a summer Saturday...Click here for video (http://media.putfile.com/Devils-Elbow-2-79)

BOBALOO
    Who has a link to some info on the new restrictions?
    I would think the video maker should expect to have lots of boats making wakes on one of the roughest and most narrow areas of the river. I am sure that it is not safe for kids or adults to swim in that stretch of the river. Go up river another 2 minutes and hang out where it is wide and the beaches are long.
    Sorry I sound irritated, I never voice my opinion on here but the video maker sounds like they dont want any boats going by messing up "their" beach.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast