Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: No time to panic but it's time to buy firearms (are you prepared?)

MagicMtnDan
    for me anyway.
    After seeing the thugs in New Orleans killing and raping innocents and shooting at cops and the National Guard and...
    After hearing that there are 90,000 gang members in LA County and if there's ever a situation like that here (examples: Rodney King riots, OJ Simpson post-verdict hooliganism, post-earthquake, terror attack aftermath, etc.) I want to be able to protect my family and my property.
    So, I need to buy firearms! I'm thinking of buying a pistol and a shotgun. Some questions (help wanted):
    1. What do you recommend I buy?
    2. How many and which ones/type?
    3. Where should I go to buy them?
    4. What is the process to buy? How long, etc?
    Yes, I will pay for a firearms class so we will be trained.
    I only wish I didn't wait this long. And (here's the doom-and-gloom part), I hope this coming 9/11 (this Sunday) doesn't bring us a visit from Muslim terrorists since I won't be fully prepared.
    In the meantime I'm taking a close look at how prepared we are (good but not good enough) for a disaster (checking the food, water, cash, camping, supplies, etc.). It might be time to start buying MREs too :jawdrop:

JB in so cal
    for me anyway.
    After seeing the thugs in New Orleans killing and raping innocents and shooting at cops and the National Guard and...
    After hearing that there are 90,000 gang members in LA County and if there's ever a situation like that here (examples: Rodney King riots, OJ Simpson post-verdict hooliganism, post-earthquake, terror attack aftermath, etc.) I want to be able to protect my family and my property.
    So, I need to buy firearms! I'm thinking of buying a pistol and a shotgun. Some questions (help wanted):
    1. What do you recommend I buy?
    2. How many and which ones/type?
    3. Where should I go to buy them?
    4. What is the process to buy? How long, etc?
    Yes, I will pay for a firearms class so we will be trained.
    I only wish I didn't wait this long. And (here's the doom-and-gloom part), I hope this coming 9/11 (this Sunday) doesn't bring us a visit from Muslim terrorists since I won't be fully prepared.
    In the meantime I'm taking a close look at how prepared we are (good but not good enough) for a disaster (checking the food, water, cash, camping, supplies, etc.). It might be time to start buying MREs too :jawdrop:
    Damn. I bet you fart in church, too? Way to buzz kill!

riverroyal
    but this is a good thread right now,i was thinking of a handgun of some sort for the desert this year,there was more ATVs and stuff stolen at gun point last year then ever in the dunes,,nice thought huh

Freak
    A 12 gauge - Glock 17 - and a SKS. Nothing fancy nothing expensive but all very dependable. I like cash and second hand.

superdave013
    I saw a deal on TV last night about that. Pretty much said to have your shit together because they might not get to you any faster then they did those people in NO. Think about it, at least they had some notice. I know not everyone left for what ever reason. But if the big quake hits you can be 100% sure that no one will have ANY notice.
    Yes, it's time to tool up. We've started stocking the can goods a lot more then normal. Need to figure out how to keep more water. I have 5 gal most of the time.
    As far as firearms, I'm pretty well stocked there but am going to buy some more rounds.

LAFD
    gotta bunch of handguns few shotgun and a stock pile of ammo. ide be a gang killin mofo.

HocusPocus
    keep the weapons simple.
    a 9mm and a 12g pump shotgun.. make, model of your choice.
    500 rounds for each.

JB in so cal
    when all hell breaks loose and you're not sure you should blow the dude in your driveway away, lets not forget the shocker - kind of a password.
    If you see 2 in the pink/1 in the stink - you must think!!!

rivercrazy
    Short barrel 12-gauge pump style shot gun. Standard dove loads are best. Plenty of stopping power and not as likely to penetrate the outside wall of you house and risk your neighbors.
    You will get lots of differing opinions on handguns. The most reliable are old school revolvers (some semi-autos jam with some kinds of ammo) . Medium length barrel 357 magnums are one of the best one-shot stoppers.
    I like my Taurus PT92AF 9MM (Beretta clone). Thousands of rounds of various kinds of ammo and its never jammed. This handgun with Corbon +p+ 115 grain loads is a proven combo. Other good choices are the 40MM, 45ACP. The advantages of a semi auto over a revolver are more round capacity, less recoil, and easier reloading (additional clips).

riverroyal
    so when i show up in your driveway after the 10.0 hits here, shine your flashlight at my hand 1st,see if it really me,remember im missing a finger

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast