Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: No time to panic but it's time to buy firearms (are you prepared?)

Liberator TJ1984
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/arsenal5.jpg
    I can't believe you guys missed the explosive detonation firing boxes in front of the fire place to the left

RitcheyRch
    I've got a Ruger Mini-14, H & K P7M8 9 mm and just bought a Benelli M1 Super 90 shotgun.

cdog
    So what do you guy's think about a ***boat Skeet shoot. On the 22 of this month at Prado. Here is a link. Who's in? Lets say 11:00am?
    http://www.shootprado.com/index.asp

stvneil
    a good shotgun, 40, or 45 glock and a 22 rifle. with a 22 you can carry 2-3000 rounds of ammo and do a lot of damage. when someone is hit, it requires two people to carry them off. :lightsabe

azgfboatgirl
    OMG, I think I just entered a WAR ROOM. :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

franky
    I sure as hell wouldn't post on the internet what weapons I (might) own. Some things are better left unsaid and UNPOSTED.

All good advice on choice of weapons.
    The one thing I could not recomend enough is training. Not only take the safety classes but also compete in a practical pistol competition.
    Firing a gun at a range at a stationary target is one thing. Yes it will teach you how to operate the gun but it in no way simulates what you would face if you were to use your gun in a real world sitiation. I have been shooting since I was at least 8 years old. I thought I was a pretty good shot. After my first station at a competition it became verry apparent I had no idea what I was doing. I did absolutly everything wrong,
    -My grip on the gun was so wrong it made the gun verry inacurate.
    -I missed the first three shots at the steel targets. Drawing & aquiring a target is a little different.
    -I emptied the gun, you need to count & not empty he gun with a semi auto if you empty the gun it takes more steps to re-load a clip. Leave one in the pipe so you will not have to lose youre grip to close the slide.
    -I tried to insert a fresh clip backwards. When I looked to see what was happening I came real close to pointing my own gun at myself. the range officer made me stop at that point.
    Essentialy I walked away completely frazzeled & shaking. I would have been dead period. DEAD.
    The range officer took me aside & talked to me about what had happened. We spent around 10 minutes on the basics at an open range, then went to the next station. Huge difference. Over the next few months my shooting improved immensly.
    I now compete regularly in practical pistal shoots. I still cannot believe how little I knew.
    If you are going to get a pistol for protection, You better damn well know how to use it in a practical application.

mirvin
    I sure as hell wouldn't post on the internet what weapons I (might) own. Some things are better left unsaid and UNPOSTED.
    WHy the heck not?? Unless you happen to own weapons on the Federal list of no no's:220v:
    Personally I prefer the S&W P99 in a 40 cal. Followed by a long rifled 22 pistol with a shotgun chaser. Oh and I'm also fond of the S&W 10mil :rollside:

***boateditor
    Buy two. 1) Get your self a 12 ga. pump shotgun, the shortest one available that’s “LEGAL” keep it cheap, Mossberg makes a good inexpensive “scatter gun” Load it with duck hunting shells and keep a box of “slugs” near buy…the shotgun is for close range shooting, good in the house, will not go through several walls EXCEPT for the slugs, they will take out a car.
    2) Next, get a pistol. 9mm w/ hollow points. H&K is my favorite however Glock, Smith and Wesson are good to. Get extra clips and load all of them. Get a holster that is easy to put on. You can go to your local uniform shop and get a get a belt, holster, flashlight holder (for a mag light) and pepper gas and holder.
    Make sure both guns are legal and registered.
    And now the fun part…training, training and more training. Plus SAFETY…I can’t stress enough about safety. You need to keep the weapons away from children. Keep the guns un-loaded and the clips and shells separate from the guns. The chances of you being awakened in the middle of the night by an intruder is pretty slim HOWEVER if there is a disaster, riot etc. all bets off and do what you feel comfortable with… however even in these circumstances, safety is still a number one priority.
    Remember….
    It will be a kill or be killed environment. Humans (term used loosely) turn very ugly when given the opportunity to take advantage of the weak and unarmed. :cry:
    I am against buying all this stuff. Let's face it -- you'll buy it all...and then NOTHING will happen and you won't even NEED any of it! THEN what???

MagicMtnDan
    I am against buying all this stuff. Let's face it -- you'll buy it all...and then NOTHING will happen and you won't even NEED any of it! THEN what???

From your mouth to God's ear! I only hope that you're right but IF you're wrong, I don't want to be wishing I had a firearm when I needed it! :220v: