Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: No time to panic but it's time to buy firearms (are you prepared?)

Riverkid
    Wow, that's a lot of rifle.
    How's the expected recoil? A 250 grainer at 3K or so is gonna generate some serious "opposite reaction force"...

beyondhelpin
    The rifle should weigh close to 9.5 pounds with scope. Putting a limb saver butt pad. So it should not be to bad. Actually the 250s will probally set up to push 2850 so it will work with the new Leuipold Boone and Crocket rangefinder scope. I will probally have some 200s made up to shot 3150 to 3200. Then I will just move the first hash to 300 yard instead of 200.

Riverkid
    My 300 weighs around 13.5# (heavy stick for sure) but with good handloads and the Premier custom reticle in my Leupold it's a nail driver, way out there. I still remember my elk guide's expression when I handed the rifle over so I could jump off my horse (I wouldn't scabbard it)...
    "You've been carrying that focker all week?!!". 482 yard hookup...

beyondhelpin
    Damn that is heavy! This one probally will never see a scabboard either with the stock they are carving for me. It is a Weatherby AA blank with the coolest irridesant tiger stripes from tip to tip! I am afraid the use any thing like a exibition grade on a big gun. The grain structure on some leaves them prone to beaking.

Wake Havasu
    So, I need to buy firearms! I'm thinking of buying a pistol and a shotgun. Some questions (help wanted):
    1. What do you recommend I buy?
    2. How many and which ones/type?
    3. Where should I go to buy them?
    4. What is the process to buy? How long, etc?
    If you are into the best; then buy an M-2 or M-4 Benelli 12 ga. and a 40 or 45 cal Glock or Sig.
    Load with low or reduced recoil double 00 buckshot. Birdshot will not kill just piss the guy off.
    Truners is good for stuff.
    Pistol requires an easy to pass hand gun safety cert. Its a written test with easy questions.
    You can get a copy of what needed to read at the gun shop. Or down load on line. Goolge for it.
    Rifles require no test.
    All guns in Calif require a 10 day waiting period.
    Read around at:
    Glocktalk.com
    Benelli.com and se their forum.

Wake Havasu
    O.K. Lets have opinions. Do you keep a round in the chamber of that shot gun or rack one in after the dirtbag is in the house.
    The question, of course, is do you want to give away your location and the fact that your armed, by racking one in and the dirtbag hearing it???? OR would it be better to stay in stealth mode and take him out???
    My M-2 Benelli is loaded but not chambered in the tocuh pad gun safe.
    My Glock is loaded not chambered in a GunVault easy to open case next to my bed.
    I also keep my S.H.T.F. M1A loaded not chambered in the safe.

HOSS
    60 cal with about 500,000 rounds. That way your not using gas in the chainsaw that will be needed in generator.

Wake Havasu
    For the Hand Gun Saftey cert in CA:
    http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/hscsg.pdf

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415