Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: No time to panic but it's time to buy firearms (are you prepared?)

cdog
    MOst people agree it's hard to beat a Glock, accurate and dependable as all get out. I'd think hard about the 3 most important things you want in a gun then go shopping.
    I have the Glock Model 23. Mid-size body, 40 caliber.
    Easy to carry, High stopping power - shoot through a closed door and still kill on the other side. Also good for Mt. Lion protection if you are a hiker.
    After you go to class you relalize that the last .....very last thing you ever want to do is get in a situation where you have to use it on someone. You find out more about that during class.
    I agree. My first hand gun was a Glock 17 9mm. I like the 33 round clips. I'd suggest buying all the Hi Cap stuff you can get your hands on. You can bet your ass they're gonna take them off the market as soon as another lib. gets in office.

spectras only
    You guys need what my brother is holding :hammerhea :wink:
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/arsenal5.jpg

Not So Fast
    I found an article on the internet a while back, wish I would have kept the info now, anyway this man had quite a long article about handguns and what to buy. This was the gest of what he had to say, UNLESS you are a professional or a person that spends time shooting (Target, hunting) then the only gun to buy for self protection is a short (4" or under) barreled revolver (not a pistol,meaning automatic) simply because of the simplicity of the gun itself. Lets face it, most of us even if we have guns (handguns) dont shoot them on a regular basis. if you do need the gun for protection then you need to know how to use it and fast. He also said that you should buy quality ammo. I personally liked the Smith&Wesson Model 637 38 SPL+P Airweight W/Crimson TraceLaser sighting built-in. very cool ! FYI :chi: NSF

Forkin' Crazy
    SKS or AK47 would be the cheapest. I have an SKS that takes AK clips.
    The Ruger Mini 14 is a good one. I think you can get it in 7.62 or .223.
    I have a Ruger P series 9MM and have had no jams after thousands of rounds shot through it.
    A 12 ga pump, model 12 Win. if you can find one. Pull the trigger and pump away and it'll shoot about as fast as an auto. I like 00 buckshot.
    If it were me I would get at least 1000 rounds for each, excluding the shot gun.

Forkin' Crazy
    LOL! :rollside:
    Where did he get that mini steam tractor??
    That is cool!!!!

Freak
    LOL hell yeah! I live blowing large holes through cars. I'll take the tommy gun and the steam engine at his feet also. Very nice.

Billy Heinlein
    Try different guns before you buy, you must be comfortable with the way it fits your hand and how it shots. I have several guns and like them all
    Baby eagle 9mm
    Colt 1911 model 80 45 Cal
    Springfield XD9 9mm
    Dan Wesson 357 wheel gun
    If I had to carry a gun it would be the XD9 very light and very little recoil, also my wife's favorite gun.
    If you get a semi auto, get extra mags no need to reload just eject and slap in a new one.
    If it get ugly and it will remember you have two choices fight or flight, when in dought flight is the better route to take, but if cornered its better to shot first and stay alive.
    As far as a long gun goes if you can keep your distance they are great but most of the action will be within 50 to 100 feet.

Tom Brown
    That looks like a picture of Dan practicing his aim so he can shoot people who disagree with his political views.

Sun burners
    Does anyone have info on a 410 shotgun,
    How big of an area do they spread over 25'
    Are they easy for the wife or kids to shoot if needed?
    How much stopping power do they have?
    Thanks Mike

BajaMike
    What's a good 12 gage, reliabe, inexpensive, home defender type shotgun??
    I've got a H & K P-9, 9mm, but I would like a shotgun.
    :devil:

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast