Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you liberals have to say about this?

FreshTracks
    http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg....na_flpc211.jpg ?x=380&y=235&sig=NbUvEfVIaferkxoZTiys0Q--
    The next time you are forced to listen to someone try to blame the lack of help for New Orleans on our Federal Government show them this.
    Then ask them why the local Mayor and/or Governor did not deploy these buses August 27 and 28 to help those who could not afford to get out. I am worn out listening to that blowhard mayor (who saw to it that friends were given special leeway to evacuate the Superdome before many of the sick and elderly) and his cronies complain that the President hasn't done enough. And, while your at it, remind the whiners that the majority of the suffering taking place now is a direct result of most of those people not leaving the city last Sunday. I understand that there were some people who couldn't leave for various reasons (such as folks in nursing homes who were only evacuated Saturday), but for the majority of these folks, they would not be in the predicament they are in now If they had simply left. These buses are testimony to the fact that much more could have been done before things progressed to the point they are now.
    It is not the Federal Government's (and consequently, the President) fault those people did not leave.

Jordy
    It is not the Federal Government's (and consequently, the President) fault those people did not leave.
    Bullshit. Those are clearly federal school buses.

Poster X
    WHAT ABOUT MISSISSIPPI AND ALABAMA? :notam:

Brooski
    http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg....na_flpc211.jpg ?x=380&y=235&sig=NbUvEfVIaferkxoZTiys0Q--
    The next time you are forced to listen to someone try to blame the lack of help for New Orleans on our Federal Government show them this.
    Then ask them why the local Mayor and/or Governor did not deploy these buses August 27 and 28 to help those who could not afford to get out. I am worn out listening to that blowhard mayor (who saw to it that friends were given special leeway to evacuate the Superdome before many of the sick and elderly) and his cronies complain that the President hasn't done enough. And, while your at it, remind the whiners that the majority of the suffering taking place now is a direct result of most of those people not leaving the city last Sunday. I understand that there were some people who couldn't leave for various reasons (such as folks in nursing homes who were only evacuated Saturday), but for the majority of these folks, they would not be in the predicament they are in now If they had simply left. These buses are testimony to the fact that much more could have been done before things progressed to the point they are now.
    I agree its not the Feds fault the people did not leave. IMO, Everyone dropped the ball somehow or another. When it was time for elections, the Mayor would have buses go out into the neighborhoods and pick up people and take them to the polls. New Orleans did not have a plan, the state did not have a plan, the feds did not have a plan. All forms of government screwed up. And they wouldnt let the Red Cross in.......

pjones
    Has anyone seen or heard any clips or comments
    from the Governor of the state of Louisiana?
    I've been following this pretty close and have seen
    very liitle of her...lots of clips of Mayor Nagin
    and several other political figures but no Kathleen Blanco...
    wonder why?

HocusPocus
    we all know its easier to blame someone else for your screw ups... especially in politics.

2Driver
    Bullshit. Those are clearly federal school buses.
    too funny

MagicMtnDan
    The mayor wouldn't comment when asked why those buses weren't used.
    Probably couldn't use them because the bus drivers fled with their police department :jawdrop:
    The governor is as corrupt as it gets. She was in way over her head. While everyone's picking on the easy target (the President), the truth is the city and state officials have the blood of their citizens on their hands!
    Dear Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin,
    When you tell people to go to the Super Dome, why don't YOU have water, food, and medical treatment available for them?
    When you KNOW that a Cat 5 hurricane is coming why don't YOU have YOUR National Guard ready?
    When you're facing a storm of that size and intensity, why don't YOU have YOUR plan prepared and shared with other officials and the public?
    When you tell people to evacuate, why do YOU think that's a good enough plan?!
    When you have buses that can evacuate 13,000+ people, why didn't you use them?
    What happened to your police department?
    Did you lobby the Federal government for billions of dollars to upgrade the levees (before the storm hit)?
    It's the blame game. It's easier to blame someone else than stand up and say you could have done better.

WHAT ABOUT MISSISSIPPI AND ALABAMA? :notam:
    They don't have buses?

Brooski
    The mayor wouldn't comment when asked why those buses weren't used.
    Probably couldn't use them because the bus drivers fled with their police department :jawdrop:
    The governor is as corrupt as it gets. She was in way over her head. While everyone's picking on the easy target (the President), the truth is the city and state officials have the blood of their citizens on their hands!
    Dear Governor Blanco and Mayor Nagin,
    When you tell people to go to the Super Dome, why don't YOU have water, food, and medical treatment available for them?
    When you KNOW that a Cat 5 hurricane is coming why don't YOU have YOUR National Guard ready?
    When you're facing a storm of that size and intensity, why don't YOU have YOUR plan prepared and shared with other officials and the public?
    When you tell people to evacuate, why do YOU think that's a good enough plan?!
    When you have buses that can evacuate 13,000+ people, why didn't you use them?
    What happened to your police department?
    Did you lobby the Federal government for billions of dollars to upgrade the levees (before the storm hit)?
    It's the blame game. It's easier to blame someone else than stand up and say you could have done better.
    I dont blame the Officers for leaving. They are one of the lowest paid departments in the Country. I think they make around $13 an hour. Lots of corruption in the PD also. I would quit too.
    The state couldnt use the National Guard, most of them that were trained for that type of disaster were shipped to Iraq by Bush.
    I think the Governor has her head in the sand, cuz she know someone is going to have it.
    But, what about the other Parrish, were the Parrish president pleaded every day for someone to come and help evacuate the nursing home? No one ever showed, and the elderly all drowned. That was a screw up, a bad one.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast