Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: What do you liberals have to say about this?

Wet Dream
    I'll pass that on to the thousands of potentially dead kids and hundreds (maybe thousands?) of dead senior citizens. What's your theory on the pets? Those that could drive a car did?
    Once again, they had plenty of warning to get out. You are stating that there are potentially thousands of dead people, but in reality those numbers could be true.
    The dead kids. The parents should have done a better job of parenting and taught them how to swim, or do what they should have done and protected the kids and taken them to safety by any means possible. Maybe those that are still alive can teach the kids how to heep WARNINGS. Granted, some people are crippled or otherwise unable to do anything...survival of the fittest.
    The pets. Who cares? Fido can swim, Morris can climb just about anything, and Polly can fly unless the owners thought that clipping the wings was a good idea. How ironic. Snakes, rats, etc, they could care less about the owner, they just want food.
    The elderly. Someone should be taking care of them. If they are in a nursing/ assisted living home, then it is the homes responsibility to get them out or to safety. If they are at home, even alone, someone in the family should have the heart to check in on their loved ones. Someone dropped the ball there.

Seadog
    Posser X keeps asking about Mississippi and Alabama. Most of them that remained, chose to stick it out, thinking that this would not be that bad of a storm. It is not possible to force everyone to evacuate, logistically and legally. Those that chose to remain in New Orleans are not the issue. It is that they had the means and time to evacuate anyone who wanted evacuation. And I doubt that they had any problems getting drivers. The city is full of license comercial drivers. Like many of the events in history, this will never be resolved because there are too many partisan issues to be exploited. It will be another grassy knoll.

mirvin
    Thanks for the soundtrack mods.
    Anyone that thinks they can answer the question about the buses still in New Orleans is even more full of shit than I am. How many stories has the media retracted so far? I've lost count. They are even going on air with such gems as "Saddam Signs Confession" and then retracting that. It will be Days, Weeks, maybe Months before any of us will know the truth. I know many of you think you are the Amazing Kreskin or Miss Cleo but, until I see your credentials from Bullshit U, I am going to assume you are nothing but the product of partisan rants.
    Mississippi and Alabama are valid points because you are using New Orleans as the basis of defending your government when in fact, both of those States followed protocol, and still did not receive federal aid in a timely manner.
    What is the point of federal government if not to look out for us? Wouldn't we be able to dispense with federal government if we removed that equation?
    Again PosterX, you've been blinded by your rage.
    Have you read the "EVacuation Plan" that was in place for New ORleans? It states clearly that the Mayor was to organize and utilize public transportation to evacuate the people that THEY KNEW would be unable and uwilling to leave. That's what the picture at the top of this thread is about.
    Not the Feds fault or problem.
    Also, I just read on the Red Cross website that it was the Louisiana Homeland Security Dept that requested there be no deliveries to the Superdome because they "Did not want to create a magnet".........:messedup:

Poster X
    George Bush admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Tom DeLay admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Susan Collins admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Michael Brown admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Michael Chertoff admits the federal response was inadequate.
    You guys on a morphine drip?

Wet Dream

FreshTracks
    What happened to the person that originally started this thread? :hammerhea
    Anyhow, who do you expect to drive those busses? Would you like to see the untrained, unlicensed standard mom of 5 driving a 30,000 pound bus loaded with 60 people? How about the local crackhead? Do you honestly think that the $5.65/hour bus driver is going to show up to work to drive a bunch of people to God knows where, or stay home and protect and take care of their own family and get out on their own?
    Survival of the fittest! Circle of life. Process of elimination. Food chain. Take your pick. Humanity usually comes out after the disaster, take care of what you can prior and during the crisis. Neighbors do help neighbors getting things ready, boarding windows, etc. They had plenty of warning, those that chose to help themselves did.
    I'm still here, been enjoying the responses of all. With regards to your question of who should drive the buses, that should have been arranged by the same people who should have had thoses buses on the road. It is called the local govt. That was the point I was trying to make with the initial post. As others who have replied have stated, there is plenty of people to blame and in due time we will hopefully learn from these mistakes and resolve them in the future. I hope we will, because it is only a matter of time before the $hit hits the fan here and we will be needing the help!
    With that said, I hope everyone who has been giving their opinion and .02 about this puts the same effort and energy to helping your fellow Americans and human beings. Like they say, WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND.
    Next time you're at your local lake,river, etc. make sure you appreciate the fact that you have the opportunity to enjoy it, because you or it may not be there one day! I know I will!

Wet Dream
    Thats your ****ing response?!?!?!? Who cares what they admit?

Poster X
    Ummm..ok.

desertbird
    What Really Happened in the Wake of Hurricane Katrina?
    Wednesday, September 07, 2005
    By Bill O'Reilly
    What really happened in the wake of Hurricane Katrina? That is the subject of this evening's "Talking Points Memo".
    With so much misinformation and spin about Katrina, we decided to do a methodical investigation into exactly what happened after the hurricane ripped through New Orleans. And here's what we found out.
    We begin with the Louisiana Hurricane Evacuation Plan, which is what the mayor and the governor were supposed to follow. One key provision in that plan states, "The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles may be used to provide transportation for individuals who require assistance in evacuating."
    But those government vehicles were not used on a large scale to get people out of town. Instead, Governor Kathleen Blanco and Mayor Ray Nagin decided to allow New Orleans residents to stay if they wanted, even though a mandatory evacuation order had been issued by the mayor about 14 hours before the storm hit.
    Nagin did authorize transportation to get folks to the Superdome, which was designated a refuge of last resort. However, most city buses stood idle and on low ground and were quickly flooded by Katrina.
    Even though the mayor opened the Superdome to thousands, there was not nearly enough security inside, nor enough food and water. Mayor Nagin still has not explained why a mandatory evacuation is not mandatory. What say you, Mayor Nagin?
    Now Governor Blanco also made major mistakes. After asking and getting the federal government to declare the hurricane zone a disaster area two days before the storm hit, the governor failed to send any National Guard troops in to secure New Orleans and the surrounding parishes before the storm. Why?
    She also failed to ask for more troops from the feds, knowing she only had about 6,000 to control the city of 1.3 million. Why not ask for more?
    Like the mayor, Governor Blanco has no explanation. Surely she knew the potential for chaos. Why not send the Guard in immediately?
    Then when the levees were breached, the Guard found itself unable to get into New Orleans. They're outside. It was not until Wednesday, August 31st, three days after the storm hit, that Blanco admitted she didn't have enough security in the city.
    Once the levees were breached, the situation then became a national security issue. And the feds, already having the power to act, should have arrived in force. But the homeland security office and President Bush were 24 hours late in taking decisive action.
    So summing up, the mayor allowed citizens to defy a mandatory evacuation and didn't use city buses to get them out of town. The governor didn't send the Guard in before the storm. And that caused the New Orleans police to be quickly overwhelmed. The evacuation plan clearly states that a refuge of last resort may not have food and water available, but I wonder how many people knew that.
    Also, how did the mayor and governor think any kind of structure could be maintained without crowd control?
    Again, we believe Blanco and Nagin should be forced to answer those questions. And that's “The Memo.”

572Daytona
    George Bush admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Tom DeLay admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Susan Collins admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Michael Brown admits the federal response was inadequate.
    Michael Chertoff admits the federal response was inadequate.
    You guys on a morphine drip?
    Yep, they are true leaders. They've sacked up and accepted responsibility that they could have done a better job. What's pathetic is all of the whiney democrats that are not leaders and are just trying to place blame without owning up to any responsibility of their own. And even worse are trying to capitlize on people dying to further their own polical agenda. Everyone could have done a better job, local, state, federal. Even the media got this all wrong in the beginnig saying NO had gotten lucky and suffered little damage compare to Miss.