Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Cross kept out of Superdome By Peoples Republic of Lousianiastan

Steve 1
    Update: Red Cross Says "We Were Kept From Superdome By State"
    September 7, 2005 7:01 p.m. EST
    Douglas Maher - All Headline News Staff Reporter
    Washington, D.C. (AHN) - A report on Fox News from correspondent Major Garrett Wednesday night reveals a major break into what exactly went wrong at the Louisiana Superdome in the days after Hurricane Katrina struck the city.
    An American Red Cross representative tells Fox News that the Louisiana State Homeland Security Department refused the relief organization permission to take food and water to the Superdome because they did not want to "encourage people to go there."
    They State office of Homeland Security wanted to get people out and were afraid that providing support would be a "magnet" attracting more displaced citizens of New Orleans.
    Stay with All Headline News for more on this developing aspect of the Hurricane Katrina Relief.

Forkin' Crazy
    I have a good friend that is in the National Guard. He has been at the S Dome since before the storm. You really don't want to know what has taken place there. My other friends and I have been in touch with him some. Unbelievable is the only words I can say. And I wish that I didn't know now. All I can do is to tell you to pray for the children, for they are the real tragedy in this catastrophe.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Interesting Steve1, quite interesting. The list of Louisiana state foul ups just keeps growing & growing, Like Jack's beanstalk.

Forkin' Crazy
    Interesting Steve1, quite interesting. The list of Louisiana state foul ups just keeps growing & growing, Like Jack's beanstalk.
    Man, you wouldn't believe it. If a Louisiana politician that it actually says he/she cares for the people here, they are lying. Gov Edwards is in prison.... the list goes on and on. Pitiful, just pitiful is what it is... :angry2:

SmokinLowriderSS
    At least THIS story is starting to make a LITTLE headway in the media (No, CNN has kept ignoring it, as has the NY papers of course).

HighRoller
    Adding to the list, a ship with 500 beds, 5 operating rooms and watermaking capacity of 60,000 gallons a day offered to dock at New Orleans after the storm and was told to "wait until the paperwork could be processed by state officials". In the meantime, Mississippi took the ship in and accepted the help. DOH :jawdrop:

SmokinLowriderSS
    Adding to the list, a ship with 500 beds, 5 operating rooms and watermaking capacity of 60,000 gallons a day offered to dock at New Orleans after the storm and was told to "wait until the paperwork could be processed by state officials". In the meantime, Mississippi took the ship in and accepted the help. DOH :jawdrop:
    Figures. Competence vs. INcompetence. The smart response was "Sure, come on in, GREAT to see you, we'll process the paperwork DOCKSIDE in the next day or 2".
    Incedentally, THAT would most likely be the USNS COMFORT, the hospital ship the whiners have been crying about since Wednesday aftert the storm not being in NO yet.
    Mercy Class Hospital Ship:
    Laid down, 1 May 1975, as Rose City a Maritime Commission type (T8-S-100b) tanker hull, under Maritime Administration contract (MA hull 301) at National Steel and Shipbuilding Co., San Diego, CA.
    Launched and Delivered, 1 February 1976
    Converted to a Hospital Ship at National Steel and Shipbuilding, at San Diego, CA
    Placed in service as USNS Comfort (T-AH-20), 1 February 1987
    Comfort is one of two Hospital Ships and is part of the Naval Fleet Auxiliary Force, maintained in Reduced Operational Status (ROS-5) at a layberth in Baltimore, MD.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Specifications:
    Displacement 69,360 t.(fl)
    Length 894'
    Beam 105' 6"
    Speed 17.5 kts.
    Complement MSC 63 civilian, Naval Hospital Staff 956, Naval Support Staff 258
    Patient capacity 1000 beds
    Propulsion two boilers, two GE turbines, one shaft, 24,500hp (18.3MS)
    Seems she stays in Baltimore Md Harbor when not cruizing and is maxed out at 17+ knots (1 nautical mph + roughly 1.1 regular mph so 19MPH). Hmmm Dispatched from Baltimore at a speed of 456 miles A DAY. How far it it to N.O. again from Washington area?

Steve 1
    Man got to get these rats out and hire ex Military and business men to run the place..

SmokinLowriderSS
    I'd just dearly LOVE to see them both "Grey'd (Recalled like Davis of Cali). I wonder if there are enough good and smart folks in the rest of the state to out-vote the New Orleans Lib-den tho.

SmokinLowriderSS
    'Course, I'd rather see them up on charges related to Negligent Homocide and Involuntary Manslaughter. :idea:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast