Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to GT

INSman
    Very nice article on our very own HB member (Gary Taylor), and the wonderful engines he builds in the latest issue of Powerboat !!

INSman
    why yes, yes they do ...

Havasu Hangin'
    Congrats, Gary.

TPI
    Thanks for the compliment. I am pleased to have gotten the chance to "tell my story". It seems to have had a positive impact on my fellow "Hot Boaters", and has opened up a few new doors.

Jordy
    Very nice article Gary. You thought you had more than you knew what to do with before...
    Congratulations.
    Jordy

Vada
    Hey Jordy :wink:

bigkatboat
    I'll have to look at that "Teague infested" magazine, and see what you are doing. Gary, can you build a couple of motors for a 35' V- drive cat?

MagicMtnDan
    GT is a great guy, an honest man and he knows what he's doing. Someday I hope to buy a motor or two from him

TPI
    BK, I will be in Havasu Oct 3-6 to test the Howard Sportdeck/700 with Hot Boat Mag. Maybe we can meet over at the nautical? I will have my 28' Orange pumpkin there. Others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pretty cool of you guys to read the article and post positive comments about it. I will say, the magazine publications I have been in contact wth, have been very generous.
    Building Performance EFI Marine engines is not the long term goal for TPI. But I sure do enjoy it. It is a challenge to exceed a customers expectatons on the way that their motor performs and looks, especially after they pay SO MUCH MONEY for a complete efi package. But that is my current goal. With a good customer interview, prior to their engine purchase, I try to find out what they expect their new motor to do for them. Some guys can be a bit unrealistic(joking) MOST guys are unrealistic, and thats where the information/education part comes into play, and that takes a while to get across sometimes. Sometimes it kills the sale. But it is the same reason that 100% of my customers with Whipple Supercharger upgrades, and TPI motors are happy.
    Long Term goal for TPI?= I want to come up with a low liability product that will help the Performance Boating community.(LMAO) I know, I know, me and everyone else right? Hopefully there will be something?????????In the mean time, Business as usual.................Thanks again guys.

shadow
    BK, I will be in Havasu Oct 3-6 to test the Howard Sportdeck/700 with Hot Boat Mag. Maybe we can meet over at the nautical? I will have my 28' Orange pumpkin there. Others,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pretty cool of you guys to read the article and post posive comments about it. I will say, the magazine publications I have been in contact wth, have been very generous.
    Building Performance EFI Marine engines is not the long term goal for TPI. But I sure do enjoy it. It is a challenge to exceed a customers expectatons on the way that their motor performs and looks, especially after they pay SO MUCH MONEY for a complete efi package. But that is my current goal. With a good customer interview, prior to their engine purchase, I try to find out what they expect their new motor to do for them. Some guys can be a bit unrealistic(joking) MOST guys are unrealistic, and thats where the information/education part comes into play, and that takes a while to get across sometimes. Sometimes it kills the sale. But it is the same reason that 100% of my customers with Whipple Supercharger upgrades, and TPI motors are happy.
    Long Term goal for TPI?= I want to come up with a low liability product that will help the Performance Boating community.(LMAO) I know, I know, me and everyone else right? Hopefully there will be something?????????In the mean time, Business as usual.................Thanks again guys.
    Congrats on your success!Have heard nothing but good coming from GT.
    Wouldn't mind checking out that Sportdeck in person when you are in town.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast