Thread: shoes and loaders

Instigator
    Trying to tune my intake, loader leading edge hangs below bottom. Doesn't that rob water from the shoe and defeat it's purpose? Also have 2 different loaders, one aims low on the impeller, the other aims about middle or slightly above the center. 70mph V-bottom boat. Boat seems happier with the low loading scoop, thinking of trimming more off the leading edge. Somebody got some thoughts to share on this stuff?

hellman2u
    Bump !!! This is good stuff, Can you guys in the know give a brief overview. Duane ? Jack ? Tom ? Harold ? anybody ??

Heatseeker
    When I was tuning my loader, I was told to start with the leading edges 1/8" above the keel line. I wouldn't think you'd want the edges anywhere below the keel. So far, I've trimmed back to 1/4" above and the boat seems to like it. It seemed to air out a little after the last cut.

Instigator
    Come on guys, give me some more input here before I start cutting the fingers back.

Hotrodnobody
    Why do you think you need to trim it?
    What are the water conditions you run in? If you are running the river with a chop then you want it to hang below just a tad. It scoops the water and keeps the pump loaded. If you are going for the whole race set up then where is the leading edge of the shoe in relations to the keel line? What type of loader or (scoop) are you running?
    what size boat?
    What kind of power and any pump work done? ride plate ect. ect.
    HRN

NELSON#109
    Call Someone Who Can Get You The Info You Need... Try Jack @ Marine Performance Designs (mpd) Jack Can Hook You Up Big Time, Duane @ High Tech Performance (way Cool Guy, Will Give You Good Info All Day, Very Smart Dude), Tom Papp (tom Papp Racing) Another Cool Dude, .... Ect...ect...

Duane HTP
    Instigater, give me a call. 316-794-8616. There are so many vairables involved in what you are asking about. At this point, we don't have enough information on your set up to give you an intellegent answer. I'll try to help you.