Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I did a good thing today...

Mrs Scuba
    I decided to come back to my HB roots and started posting again....j/k
    The real reason is, I had my company post a few job openings on Jobing.com, it's a new website for Hurricane Katrina survivors offered to only the people living (for the time being) at the colesium.
    It made me feel good, even if we help one person it would be great, although I'd love to help more.
    I feel bad for some of these families that need to start all over again. I hope we Arizonians can make them feel as close to home as if they were in LA.
    It's so nice to be back on HB.

JustMVG
    Very neat, to have you back posting and the job offers for those folks, hope it works out for your company and for them.

JackieV
    I decided to come back to my HB roots and started posting again....j/k
    The real reason is, I had my company post a few job openings on Jobing.com, it's a new website for Hurricane Katrina survivors offered to only the people living (for the time being) at the colesium.
    It made me feel good, even if we help one person it would be great, although I'd love to help more.
    I feel bad for some of these families that need to start all over again. I hope we Arizonians can make them feel as close to home as if they were in LA.
    It's so nice to be back on HB.
    That's because your a kind hearted person. That's really great Mrs. Scuba!

Mrs Scuba
    I was looking into the work issue with them. I guess the ststae is allowing us to place any LA people to work even though they don't have all the documentation that is required (such as IDs, SS Card, Birth Certs, etc). We can put them to work right now for a max of 45 days and they will reevaluate once the time is up and see if we can extend it, since most have lost everything they own.
    It makes me feel good so hopefully it can happen, and I can make someones day out there that really needs it.

JackieV
    My mom came up from behind me and said I like what she has there...meaning your sig-line! LOL
    I'm so glad my two younger sisters have tamed her...cause she obviously saw your avatar too! LOL And she didn't have a problem with me saying, "Yeah, that's my friend in Mesa". Not that it matters...but you know how some moms can be, mine was like that...but then again the first borns always get it first! LOL

RiverToysJas
    Welcome back Monique! These ladies have been getting out of hand, I think you need to kick some ass around here.
    RTJas

Mrs Scuba
    Ya think!!!! It's been a really mess without me here.
    I get on here and lurk uder Steve's login, not for any other reason than I could not for the life of me remember my password. But I'm here now.
    I've missed out on a whole lot, I know, I need to go back and catch up. So if you all see some old threads pop back up, it's just me giving my input.

shadow
    Monique,long time no see.Hope you guys are doing well.Say hello to Steve for me and hope to see you guys one of these days.Come out to Havasu you know you guys always have a place here.

HOOTER SLED-
    Hi girlie. Welcome back. Was asking Bobaloo about you guys this weekend. :wink:

JackieV
    Ya think!!!! It's been a really mess without me here.
    I get on here and lurk uder Steve's login, not for any other reason than I could not for the life of me remember my password. But I'm here now.
    I've missed out on a whole lot, I know, I need to go back and catch up. So if you all see some old threads pop back up, it's just me giving my input.
    YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast