Thread: Reverse Spam-direct drive alternator for BBC

INEEDAV
    Does anyone have a used direct drive alternator kit, the one that couples to the crankshaft.
    Prefer it to be anodized blue, but any color would work. Needs to be complete, alternator and mounts.

lilrick
    I have a polished one currently on my boat, gettin' ready to take it off to run a mag. I'll sell for$100.00 plus shipping. It requires the small style marine alternator which I have also . (562)307-5578

Moneypitt
    lilrick, if you take your alternator off, you'll have to have a portable generator and a battery charger to keep your battery charged, even if just for starting. You saw us at the beach, charging the battery between each heat. The mag is a cool idea, a positive step, but now bring your battery charger, and your generator........MP

lilrick
    or a spare battery.......thanksMP.

Just Tool'n
    Or go nascar style, put one in a pulley with coresponding field, no one will be able too tell!
    I do not know where to get these, I would imagine that a place speciallizing in race car parts would know!
    It wont be cheap I guess, but who ever said this hobby was!

GofastRacer
    Does anyone have a used direct drive alternator kit, the one that couples to the crankshaft.
    Prefer it to be anodized blue, but any color would work. Needs to be complete, alternator and mounts.
    If you can't find one, you can get those drives cheap from Grainger and just make a plate to mount the alternator!..