Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Berk pump apart?

Heatseeker
    I want to make up a puller specifically for removing an impeller from a Berk pump.
    I need to know the distance from the shaft's end to pulling ring area on the impeller. Does anybody have an opened up pump laying around? If so, I'd appreciate if someone could post this dimension. I'll be tearing my pump down at the end of Oct., but I'd like to get the puller made up ahead of time.
    Also, if anyone has such a puller, I'd be interested in a pic or two.
    Thanks.

Squirtin Thunder
    Give me a call John !!!
    Jim
    928-234-5455

wasted$$
    why dont you just buy one???
    cpperformance $100.
    http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=4153

Heatseeker
    Why buy one when I can make one and get paid for doing it ?
    Thanks for the link, the pic gives me an idea :rollside: .

Squirtin Thunder
    I will send you mine, so you can make 10 !!!
    But I want 2 of them.
    Then you can sell 8 for $100 each and get that bike insured and registered !!!
    Jim

Heatseeker
    Jim, I think I have a design worked out.
    One question. On your puller(assuming it's the same one in the pic on CP's site), are there threads in the impeller end that the puller ring threads into? I have a ring that accepts a split ring for use with a 2 jaw already. I'm thinking I can cut an external thread into it and then machine a pulling fixture with a corresponding internal thread. Slip the threaded ring over the impeller, insert the split ring, then thread the fixture over the threaded ring and start pulling. Does that make sense to you?
    Maybe you could post up a pic or two of what you have. I'm hoping to get the time to start working on it tonight. If it works out, I can do a run of them if there's enough interest. Maybe I'll get that bike registered yet!

Cas
    when you "splash" it, be sure to make your own "improvement"

Squirtin Thunder
    Jim, I think I have a design worked out.
    One question. On your puller(assuming it's the same one in the pic on CP's site), are there threads in the impeller end that the puller ring threads into? No it slides over the threads !!! I have a ring that accepts a split ring for use with a 2 jaw already. I'm thinking I can cut an external thread into it and then machine a pulling fixture with a corresponding internal thread. Slip the threaded ring over the impeller, insert the split ring, then thread the fixture over the threaded ring and start pulling. Does that make sense to you?
    Maybe you could post up a pic or two of what you have. I'm hoping to get the time to start working on it tonight. If it works out, I can do a run of them if there's enough interest. Maybe I'll get that bike registered yet!
    I will get you some pics.

wsuwrhr
    Easy job heetseeker
    Brian

Heatseeker
    Jim, thanks for the pics.
    I couldn't see the retaining sleeve in the CP pic. Maybe I'll start from scratch using those pics as a reference.
    I still need the length from the shaft's end to the pulling recess on the impeller. Also, I could use the shaft diameter(bushing end). I'm thinking it was 1", but I can't remember for sure.
    Steve, if I splash it, I'll use round stock with a hex machined into one end of it. (I don't have any big hex around, dammit :burningm: !)
    Brian, thanks for the confidence vote. I wish I had your set-up! My eyes seem to be having a much harder time reading the dials than they used to :squiggle: !
    Actually, one of our lathes and our mill both have DROs, which makes things alot easier. But I'd still love to have your set-up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast