Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How old when you tell your kids about s e x...

Mandelon
    How old should your kids be when you go over the birds and the bees with your kids?
    My son who is almost 12 asked me what a "virgin" was this morning. He was reading the newspaper and saw an ad for The 40 Year Old Virgin movie....
    I explained that a virgin was someone who had not had sexual relations yet. I thought that was concise yet still pleasantly vague.. :hammerhea
    Anyway I know its just about time for..."The Talk"......he doesn't quite have an interest in girls yet.....really. I know he likes one of my daughter's friends...I don't think he even realizes it. But he acts different when she is around....
    Who has done this with their kids recently????

Flying Tiger
    Ya be right up front about sex talk with the kids from day one.

Mandelon
    Come on Ross, a one day old won't understand..... :hammerhea :wink:
    When did you explain that the wiener goes in the coochie and out comes a baby.....

termiteguy
    16 and 17 yearold boys you are real close you will know when the time comes!

NashvilleBound
    We always make sure when something is said or someone doesnt understand something we explain properly what it means....... this way its a learning curve...not the sit down shocker. Its not always easy or relaxed but its the right thing to do. If I had to guess, my kids would ask me anything at this point if it was bugging them..... the way it should be.

Jbb
    Im still waiting for ...the talk

Phat Matt
    Come on Ross, a one day old won't understand..... :hammerhea :wink:
    When did you explain that the wiener goes in the coochie and out comes a baby.....
    Just take him to the mini sandbar on a big weekend and you can explain it then over a few beers.

sintax
    just remember, if you wait until you think they are "ready" chances are they'll already know it, and may even have a few you dont know.
    I was talking to my lil cousin (13) about if hes kissed a girl yet, i was not prepared for what he told me =\

Mandelon
    He understands the general concepts, but I suppose the time is here to let him know that his "hot dog" is for more that just peeing.....
    I can hear him now..." ya mean.... I put this.... in THERE?!?!?!?! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

NashvilleBound
    My almost 6 year old has already asked me some questions. I have been vague without offering all the "details", but I think he already has some idea of the basics.
    Uh ya, 6 is a little young.....mine are 12 and 14.....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast