Thread: ride plate

1975sleekcraft
    i was just reading another thread.
    my question is--how do you figure the ideal position for a (my) ride plate???
    i adjusted mine down thinking it would keep the nose down at slower speeds?
    not sure what porpousing(sp) is????--can anyone tell me--???

poncho-pwr
    Porpoising is when the boat keeps undulating up and down, you know, like how a porpoise or a dolphin does when swimming up and down out of the water like they do when playing running along in front of a boat sometimes.
    The ride plate is another ride tuning tool that you just have to play with to find the sweet spot, and yes it will help keep the nose down if you lower it but remember anything it makes your boat do at slower speeds it is also going to do too a higher degree at faster speeds. Do you have a diverter? If you don't I would find the plate setting that allowed you to maintain a happy cruising speed without porpoising but still allow the boat to run happy on the big end without plowing the nose.

IMPATIENT 1
    i was just reading another thread.
    my question is--how do you figure the ideal position for a (my) ride plate???
    i adjusted mine down thinking it would keep the nose down at slower speeds?
    not sure what porpousing(sp) is????--can anyone tell me--???
    you adjust up angle on a ride plate,not adjusting down.search for ride plate adjusting threads and you'll find alot of good info on the subject,and how to do it properlly(squirtin thunder taught me).

1975sleekcraft
    jacuzzi yj (i know) but it has manual adjustable trim-
    im now under the impression that trimming up will give me more speed.when i first got the boat i thought-trimmed just a little down from straight out the back of my boat would give me the best push down the lake(top speed)
    i adjusted it just a little up from straight out the back(faster yet)
    so here are my jet tech questions(one sounds real dumb)------
    so a jet boat sucks water like a vacume cleaner and throws it out the back to move the boat???(the water coming out the pump-pushing against the water in the lake dosen't help propell the sled???--or--
    i thought a jetter flying with his diverter all the way up would end up loosing
    the plane(have to divert back down to gain speed the divert back up to look killer)?
    any truth to this?--or--
    alright both sound dumb--but im seriously ask'in--
    any help would be awesome thanx

IMPATIENT 1
    jacuzzi yj (i know) but it has manual adjustable trim-
    im now under the impression that trimming up will give me more speed.when i first got the boat i thought-trimmed just a little down from straight out the back of my boat would give me the best push down the lake(top speed)
    i adjusted it just a little up from straight out the back(faster yet)
    so here are my jet tech questions(one sounds real dumb)------
    so a jet boat sucks water like a vacume cleaner and throws it out the back to move the boat???(the water coming out the pump-pushing against the water in the lake dosen't help propell the sled???--or--
    i thought a jetter flying with his diverter all the way up would end up loosing
    the plane(have to divert back down to gain speed the divert back up to look killer)?
    any truth to this?--or--
    alright both sound dumb--but im seriously ask'in--
    any help would be awesome thanx
    WHEN YOUR ROOST IS HIGH,YOU DO LOOSE SPEED BUT NOT TO THE POINT IT LOOSES PLANE.I CAN THREW MY HIGHEST ROOST AND STILL RUN 70MPH.
    AND YES ,THRUST AGAINST WATER WILL PUSH HARDER BUT IF THE NOZZLES IN THE WATER,ITS CREATING LOTS OF DRAG.MY 18FT. V-HULL RUNS THE HARDEST WITH MY THRUST SLIGHTLY UP ANGLED(@3FT. ROOSTER BEHIND ME).HOPE THAT HELPS YA ALITTLE.

malcolm
    There's been many threads on this. It's just the thrust of the jet, not what it's pushing against. I go faster with the diverter all the way up than when it's down pushing on the water. It's the thrust angle that changes how fast you go. You should always get your top speed with the jet a few feet out of the water.

1975sleekcraft
    thanx for not calling me an idiot!
    you've been alot of help!
    now for the R and D -- three foot roost here i come -- thanx again!!

sleekvino
    in my boat when i have the diverter all the way up it makes me lose 1.5-2 mph,i feel a quick jump in speed when i click it down a notch, i belive it helps you go faster with out a doubt!!!!???????? :argue: