Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tunnel ram fuel injection

progplb
    I am looking at changing from a intake carb setup to a Enderle fuel injection hat sitting on a Edelbrock tunnel ram. Do any of you have any experience with this setup.
    I am currently running a 468 bbc 500hp. And in the hopefully not far future a GM performance 502.

DUECE'SDAD
    you forgot to tell them that its a jet boat ! ! ! ! It doesnt matter how much cubes or what you bolt on top ! ! ! ! J/k A hat with a tunnel ram c'mon geta a fricken blower jet boy

progplb
    you forgot to tell them that its a jet boat ! ! ! ! It doesnt matter how much cubes or what you bolt on top ! ! ! ! J/k A hat with a tunnel ram c'mon geta a fricken blower jet boy
    Keep it up and you'll have matching hands..
    You should have been to the red neck nationals this weekend it was a blast.
    Jets seemed to hold their own all weekend some of the rototillers loaded up on the trailer pretty fast.

blown428fe
    I am looking at changing from a intake carb setup to a Enderle fuel injection hat sitting on a Edelbrock tunnel ram. Do any of you have any experience with this setup.
    I am currently running a 468 bbc 500hp. And in the hopefully not far future a GM performance 502.
    Dont have any exrerience with that set up, but alot of local truck and tractor pullers are running that setup using alchol here in CT.

sdba069
    I'm running several blown injected and naturally aspirated injected boats and drag cars. Most of my injected(no blower) motors are running tunnel ram/ Enderle deals. I have a few running single and dual Ron's Flying Toilet injectors. The car that we won the IHRA Dvision IV Top Sportsman championship with last year is running my 632 Pontiac with a dart tunnel ram and Enderle injectors. What would you like to know?

blowngas
    am looking at changing from a intake carb setup to a Enderle fuel injection hat sitting on a Edelbrock tunnel ram. Do any of you have any experience with this setup.
    I've got a setup like that running on a 11sec jet boat----real easy to convert---u will have to buy the top for the manifold that takes the hat, purchase a hat, either a bird or a bug, nozzel holders, injector nozzels, fab up lines or use hose to the nozzels, alky barrel valve, idle check valve, main bypass holder and a pump that will put out 5to6 gpm's, either cam or belt driven----you can find good deals on used pieces from various places----to have a good system from the start is to get a pump that has been flowed and get with enderle or someone who deals their parts, and have them size the nozzels and pills based on that pump---it's a little pricy on the initial investment, but once you get over that, you will never run carbs again----but you have to remember, alcohol is corrosive, and you will have to clean and drain all tanks, lines, pump, b/v ect. every time you are through running it----I have a separate electric fuel pump and small lawnmower gas tank that is plumbed to 4 separate nozzels that will run the motor----the motor is run on a mixture of gasoline and marvel oil after all alky has been drained to help preserve everything till next use

DUECE'SDAD
    swwwwwweeeet, you can put your tractor puller/mudd bogger headers back on it since the man says many of those are what run that type of set up. The headers you got like theres should maximize your combination ! ! ! ! ! What are you trying to do anyways, break out of the 40's (mph) and into the 50's Your boat will always be the fastest when its on the trailer behind that crewcab. Anyways, sounds like you have a few men on here that know there stuff so you better get some info and lets get that baby injected. Mybe they can help me this winter if i get to go blown inj. Wanna go to smokin in the cove ? ? ? ? Or not ? ? ? ?

progplb
    I was just wanting to try to find out how much trouble this setup was and how much of a performance gain I can anticipate. The 502 performance crate I am looking at is right out of the box. I will change cam and head configuration as time and money permit. I know most of the guys that have injected blowers are pretty maintaince free and it works pretty good.
    DD I would still consider going to smokin in the cove if we can come up with the travel funds .

DEL51
    You can throw an injection system on the stock HI-PO 502 and maybe gain 70 hp. You have to check out your total goal to make anything effective.What Kind of boat is yours? What is your goal? Sometimes money spent in power would be better off spent in a better boat.I am speaking from first hand knowledge. How is your current setup? Nitrous is an easy thing to install and see results from.

progplb
    I have a 17 ft predator . Basically it is a 17 ft tx. The boat has gone fast with the old owers big 502. I am just gradually working my way back up.
    There is a picture of the boat here.
    http://www.laidbackboaters.com/id55.htm
    As far as the fuel injection goes it is something I always wanted to try. I will probably go to a Cheyenne or Lightning tunnel hull as soon as I get to where I am getting all I can take out of this hull. I figure the Predator will be good for 90-95 and then it will be time for something else.
    Hey guys I appreciate all of the information. Keep it coming I usually research everything to death before I actually buy something. So if you have any links for research information please send them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast