Thread: Trade in value?

hipcash
    Does anybody here know how to get legit trade in values on cars...I've been to Kelly Blue Book,Edmonds, and Nada and they are all coming up with different pricing...with Kelly and Nada being a few thousand higher. I just want to find some accurate numbers

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    That is probably as good as you'll get until you actually go to a dealer or two and ask. With the way they are blowing out cars, the used car inventory is piling up pretty good so i wouldn't think a dealer is motivated to give top dollar on a trade in. you just need to get a fair figure in mind and try and get it. browse the autotrader online and see what dealers are asking for your make and model. then factor a couple grand below that.

jstwkd
    everytime i have been to the dealer they have pulled kelly blue book up.....

Outnumbered
    Trades are nearly always taken in "back of book". Meaning below WHOLESALE book or low book. A buddy of mine in the biz was just telling me that many of the domestics are being taken in $8-10k back of book because of this new employee pricing stuff. You are pretty screwed if you own a domestic right now and want to get rid of it. Good luck.

hipcash
    Thats my problem...I have an 03 Denali XL and the dealers only want to give me 26,000.00 for it...which puts it at a 50% depriciation in 2 1/2 years.

BoatPI
    Loss is value.. i saw a very clean yellow Hummer H2 for sale last week. So I imagine it was 50K new two years ago, now selling for $29,995. So much for style over function.

hipcash
    I guess you could say it's a buyers market.

2Driver
    Nada is the closest. I was in the business of providing insurance companies with values and we had arrangements with most of the books, uto trader and JD powers.
    I can also run some real hard dealer auction numbers if you like... that is the real mcCoy. Just give me the data (your area, make model, year, mileage.

HocusPocus
    trading in a car to get a new one is never a good idea.. your best bet is to sell it on your own, that is if you really want to get the most money out of it. right now new cars have never been lower priced so don't expect to get top dollar for it either way.. thats just a drawback of the good vehicle pricing available over the past few months is that its bringing down used car values as well.