Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEEDED; 26,000 New Homes

burtandnancy
    On one of the news casts this PM, one of the talking heads said they will have to demolish and build 26,000 new homes in the flood damaged area's. At $150,000 I think you could build a pretty nice house in that area on existing land (or nearby maybe above sea level), so that would cost (only) 3.9 billion (b as in billion). There is so much money around from the feds, Red Cross, Oprah and others, that would be a piece of cake. Once they dry out the place, clean up, they could have it done quickly. Until of course you get any kind of government involved, then the whole project would come to a screaching stop. I'd guess it would never even get past the first permit...

Hermosa
    SHEA homes has taking donations from employees and matching them ,then they are heading there to build homes for the people who lost theirs,free of charge,,kinda nice i thought
    Nothing is free, especially when Shea is involved. They are making coin somehow, trust me.

riverroyal
    all home builder make money,i can say they have been great to work for,,,,your opinion may vary

Blown Spectra
    i'll invest...to help!!!

blackcloud75
    Imagine what construction cost are going to be!!!!
    You think materials are expensive now!!!!!
    Do you think displaced Gulf Coasters will gain employment, majority weren't employed(by choice) before Katrina.

riverroyal
    lumber will go though the roof

HocusPocus
    lumber is already thru the roof.. and its just gonna get worse.

Moneypitt
    I heard that the Gov't is suppying trailers for temporary housing. Why not use the deserted Army bases in the south!!! They are at 10% capacity, and are totally set up with everything needed to sustain life, ALREADY THERE!!!!....MP

Man-de-lone
    Homes on Realtor.com has the area starting at $25,000 for a 4 br 2 ba 1200 house. Many could have been had fairly cheaply before the flood.
    I wonder if there's folks down there snapping em up.
    $150K down there ought to get you a frikkin palace. :skull:

coolchange
    bitchen, like 38 bucks aint enough for a piece of chinese plywood already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast