Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Towing With A H2

BLOWN HOWARD
    Who has a H2 and what have you towed with it? Looking at towing a 31ft toy hauler??

beer truck
    I have used my 04 H2 with a magnacharger super charger to tow my 28' Nordic Heat, no problems at all. This year I tried towing my new 35' Nordic Flame, and after a 4 hour tow, I fried the second gear of the transmision. I would not advise towing with the stock set up, I found there was a constant up and down shifting before the supercharger. After the supercharger I would say you are Ok towing up to about 9K, but you will be over your max tow limit, and open to liability if in a accident. I just ordered a ford f-650, so I don't have to deal with it anymore.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Thanks for your info.

Kilrtoy
    Its only a howard, A chevy Luv could tow it...... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    Seriously there is a guy on here who tows his 38 scrab and says he has no problems....

Come on.....................by a real tow vehicle. The GVW on a 31 footer has to be around 14000 pounds. That overpriced glorified Tahoe would die if you tried that plus it would be a squirly ass ride. Buy a truck, thats what they're for.
    F.J.

Jrocket
    The taking off isnt what would worry me as much as the stopping and swaying.If you got some side winds or on some bad pavement and it started to track funny it might whip that little h2 around pretty good.Thats a short wheel base to be towing that long and high profile of a trailer.Boats tow alot different than toy haulers.just my 2 pennys here.

H20 Toie
    I towed my 26 enclosed trailer that is a lot lighter than a toy hauler and it did ok, but the biggest issue is if you in an accident even if its not your fault your insurance will not cover you, if the trailer is over the rating of the H2 which i think was #6500. and if someone is hurt or killed you can be charged with criminal negligence. plus the H2 is to short for that long of a trailer to handle right.
    I really liked my H2 but trailering is not one of it's strong points.

BLOWN HOWARD
    Its only a howard, A chevy Luv could tow it...... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    Seriously there is a guy on here who tows his 38 scrab and says he has no problems....
    Come on Kilr you know i cant pimp a H2, I am rolling my 2500hd like you!!!!!! And it tows the HOWARD just fine. And my 31ft Toyhauler!!!!!!!!!

Beer-30
    Don't even try it. A friend tried towing a 26 foot WW with a 2500 6.0L, and it was not even a worthy attemp at pulling it. They ended up getting rid of the 6.0 after 2 pulls and getting a Duramax.
    That thing will barely even move with a 31 footer.

riverbound
    dont even try it!!! The H2 is a $hitty tow vehicle. I used my moms once to tow a boat home and will NEVER agian use that thing to tow :squiggle:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast