Thread: Need To Drive off Balancer

sifocalpoint
    My dads biesemeyer 18'6" flat is pulling and leaning bad to the left. Everyones saying the motors in backwards and needs to drive off the balancer side of the motor rather than the flywheel side.
    Would this cause the boat to ride funny?
    PROBLEM: Were running a blower and the bottom pulley would be in the way of hooking some drive setup up?? Where do i get the piece the driveshaft hooks too, and how does it attach in conjunction with the pulley>
    Thanks Guys.............Its amazing how much ive learned since getting on these forums and reading up, everyones so helpful and i really appreciate it

sgdiv7
    They make a adapter that mounts to the middle of the blower pulley. They make two different ones, are the bolts evenley spaced or is one bolt hole off just a little? I have one that the one bolt hole is a little off that I am not going to use. A new one from Casale is $165.00. I don't think that is going to solve your problem with turning the motor arround it will just help the boat turn left. By the way your going to have to buy a right hand prop also because driving off the front of the motor the drive shaft spins the other way.
    Bill

GofastRacer
    Also have to change the dogs in the whirlaway!..

Moneypitt
    Are you doing this to race the boat? Otherwise I would certainly look to other options to make the boat settle down and behave. As mentioned, the only real difference will be assisted left turns, hardly worth the work and money involved unless it's a circle racer, or a wanna be circle racer. I think we can steer you in the direction of the straight races, and the people that run them. Maybe some adjustments to the plate, or a prop change could do wonders for your boat, oh and don't forget the new motor plates if you're gonna turn the motor around............MP

Don't forget the oil pan.

superdave013
    If you are driving off the flywheel the boat should be pulling to the right.
    To fix the leaning to the left all I can say is put down the fork!

sgdiv7
    Hey Dave, is that what your doing???

Cousin Bob
    Put someone that wieghs about 50lbs. more than your dad in the passenger seat :rollside: :rollside: