Thread: locking gas caps

rsoscia
    Last night sump punks siphoned gas from my work truck... they got about 15 gallons...nieghbors heard the dogs barking like crazy...looked outside and called the cops... they caught the punks....i got like 8 gallons back... went to pepboys and bought some locking gas caps..with gas bieng 3 bucks a gallon one more thing to worry about...thiefs

***boateditor
    Last night sump punks siphoned gas from my work truck... they got about 15 gallons...they caught the punks....i got like 8 gallons back...
    What happened to the other seven gallons? Please say you doused them with it and lit a match....

Ziggy
    Huge rash of that in the early 80's too when we could only fill gas on Odd/Even days.......
    Glad they caught them....what a rare thing.

HocusPocus
    not sure what year your work truck is.. but with the new vehicles its pretty tough to snake a hose down and siphon the fuel out so thieves are now drilling a hole in the tank (most are made out of plastic now) and just letting the fuel drain out. so not only do you end up with a empty tank.. but you will need to replace the tank as well.
    glad to see they were caught and hope the locking caps does the trick for you.

rsoscia
    truck is a 91 f-250...cops said he probably put most of the gas in his tank

JetBoatRich
    Huge rash of that in the early 80's too when we could only fill gas on Odd/Even days.......
    Glad they caught them....what a rare thing.
    Those were the days I thought it was the 70's :idea:

JetBoatRich
    It must have been the early 70s. I remember it and I was just a little kid. I was driving in the early 80s.
    I started driving in 80 and it was before then 70 and 80's just blended together :notam: