Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump Rebuild?

ddevore
    I've been noticing that my 21' Jet takes a whole lot of motor to get out of the water compared to my buddies lighter boats do, I havent ridden in another as heavy as mine but I'm guessing it's cavatating more than it should. I have a barracuda pump, from what I've been told everything is the same as a dominator pump (I also heard the same a berk but I thought dom and berk were different). I talked to the guys at Ultra and they said the impeller and thrust bearing that came on the barracuda were basically crap... Where in So Cal or possibly blythe/parker area is a good place to get a rebuild kit, or who might be good to talk to about this? Also, anyone know an approx price on this stuff?
    Any advice helps!
    Dennis

DeputyDawg
    I would get in touch with Jack at http://home.pacbell.net/jmcclure/, Tom at http://www.tompappracing.com/ or Duane at www.hi-techperformance.com. I guarantee you one of those guys can help you. If the Barracuda rebuild kits are the same as a Berk/Dom/AT it will probably cost around $250-400.00 for the parts depending on where you get it.
    If you really want it done right give Gary a shout at www.performancemarine.cc. He is in Texas but you can ship your pump to him and he can fix it up right for ya.

sdba069
    Hey Dawg...... Not even an honorable mention? Any progress on a drag boat?

DeputyDawg
    Damn Gary I'm sorry. I called you a couple of Mondays ago and talked to a girl that said you weren't open or that you weren't there, so I sent you a PM and was just waiting to see what you found out on the new Cheyennes. I hate to bug you because I know you are busy right now and I just figured you would shoot me an E-mail when you were ready to talk Turkey.

DeputyDawg
    I went back and edited my first post and included you Gary. I was just listing folks that were closer to him although I guess Hi-Tech really isn't closer than you huh?
    By the way, what in the hell is a Barracuda pump? I have never heard of or seen one.

Jake W2
    They were built by BARR inc or something like that one of Berks former members.There was a Eliminator Daytona tested in Hot boat a few years back that had one in it.Looked like a berk.
    Jake

ddevore
    Thanks for the info, also the pump is bu BARR inc. It's a copy of a Berk (I thought it was a copy of a dominator until today though) but with a crappy impeller and thrust bearing :messedup:
    I just want to get the damn thing squared away so I don't thrash something really expensive... I'm replacing a motor mount right now on it and found a broken bolt in the block (came out with a pick - I've never felt so lucky). The only thing I found that would have caused that was possibly the grade 5 bolts that were used by the builder...

sdba069
    Pretty cool. not a lot of people know that. Hey DD, just pulling your chain. Hope to get something solid on the new boats by or just after the Malvern race. Did you get my email about Peter Gehan's Cheyenne? It's a California boat and is for sale. Very nice .

DeputyDawg
    Yes Gary, I got your e-mail. I would really like to start with a brand new boat if possible though. I know that may sound silly to some people, but since this project is with my son I would just like to do it the way we want it right down to the last detail and have something that is unique to us. I am really excited about this deal since it is a project with my son. I am at a point in life where I am financially able to take the time to do something like this with him after missing so many little league games and other things while out trying to make a living and working 90+ hours a week while he was growing up that I just want to do this deal from the ground up together. I will never forget my first project with my dad, it was a 23' T-bucket that I still own today!

sdba069
    No problem. I'll get on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast