Thread: Water pressure gauge ( Rexone)

Thunderbutt
    Because I moved my oil temp gauge to the motor, I had an extra hole in the dash so I bought a water pressure gauge, which doesn't regester and thing. I have a Weiand tunnel ram. I first plumbed it in the hole to the left side of the thermostat housing, nothing so I replumbed it to the right side of the housing, nothing. I have the 3/4 neovane pump. The water must flow with no back pressure

FastRat1
    i'm confused...why would u want to know the water pressure?...is this a jet or v-drive?...water into the heads and motor on a jet is controlled by the valve (on/off) that comes from the jet and goes into the water lines...open it for more water...close it for less...i run temp gages on my heads and adjust from them for heat to the heads
    ron

The only thing I can think of is you don't have enough pressure to make the gauge register, just a free flow situation without backpressure essentially. Yes it is possible. Does it run too cold by any chance? I'm assuming this is a vdrive since you have the Neovane.

Thunderbutt
    Yes it is a v-drive and no I didn't realy want to know the pressure, I had this hole to fill and I have every other gauge. So now I will tell everyone that ask, no pressure is good, and makes the boat go faster.