Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Badges??

79Challenger
    This season marks my first on the water piloting my own boat. As you might of guessed, a '79 Challenger. 454 with a slight cam and a jacuzzi jet. The boat has been under construction for about 2 years. It needed some glass work alond the bottom. Then was completely gutted and stuffed with freshly gassed floor and header boards. New carpet, upolstry, gauges, and a freshly built motor.
    I am lacking a final touch. Badges. I have surfed the web countless hours and can not really find anything. Not even a history. I know the were in Montclair, CA. Aside from that, no information seems to be availible. Can anyone shed some light or steer me in the right direction?

BigBlockBaja
    I too have a 79' Challenger. I can take some pics of the badges I have. Maybe that will help. Im curious to hear about your performance numbers. Can ya post some pics of your Challenger?

79Challenger
    Those are exactly what I am looking for! You want to pop 'em off and send them to me? Sure you do. lol.
    I have a few photos right now, I will take some more if I get home before dark. Only thing is I can't figure out how to post photos. Is there a tutorial around here some where?
    Also, I would love to see more photos of your boat, jet, upolstry, dash, all of it. I want to make sure I am keeping up with the jones'.

BigBlockBaja
    Mine is kinda, "rough"... But heres a link to a guy selling his 1982 Challenger that looks really NICE!!!
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91430
    You will like those pics..

79Challenger
    That is very clean. I didn't know that challenger had full stringers. I have seen a few and none of them were full stringer boats. Is yours?
    Rough or not I would enjoy seeing the photos.
    and curse this damn computer. I still can not figure out how to post a f'ing photo.

guardrail
    Another Challenger owner, I've got a 1976 18ft, w/ a 455 olds and a berkeley

79Challenger
    I had been told that challenger only used jacuzzi pumps. Then the only thing I found on the net was an advertisment from a magazine or something. It said berkeley. So is that stock?
    Also. Big Block Baja, is that dominator update any good? It is the jacuzzi with a dominator update right? I have heard it is a dead end pump, true? I would love to have a diverter. Without the water being glass it is difficult to cruise under 4k rpm and not start to bounce some. Although it does plane very nicely.

79Challenger
    Another Challenger owner, I've got a 1976 18ft, w/ a 455 olds and a berkeley
    where are you located?

NELSON#109
    i have those off my old 78 challenger.... they are laying arround in my toolbox somewhere... they are in about the same condition as the ones in the photo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast