Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pro and Cons of never being married?

Kahuna
    I turning 36 this Sunday and I have never been married, not ever close. When I am asked why, I can't think of an answer. Most of my friends are married and some of them a few times. The ones that are still married have moments of happyness, but there seems to be a lot of other stuff that they have to wade through to get there. But I guess they get to go through everything together and raise great kids and that makes up for everthing they have to go through worth it. Being single is not bad ether, I have the freedom to figure out what life is about in my own time(also get a another boat). I guess what I am saying just be happy where you are and where you are going in life. Sorry the wax on wax off but have not been to the river in a couple months. :hammerhea
    I just thought of an answer:
    I still am trying to find a great woman that can launch a boat and encourage me to buy bigger and better toys.
    All right I am off to go live the single life. :crossx:
    Any thoughts?

blackcloud75
    Somewhere I read that people who don't get married or have kids live longer..why?

Brooski
    Same boat here (no pun intended), and a little older than you. But, my girlfriend was raised around boats, and is friggin awesome at backing the trailer down the ramp, loading the boat, operating the boat, and pulling the boat or 5th wheel. She kicks butt. Sometimes I regret not getting hitched younger, but you have to go with what life presents to you. Enjoy each day like you may not be able to do it again. You never know what tomorrow has in store.....

Brooski
    Somewhere I read that people who don't get married or have kids live longer..why?
    Less stress.....

C-2
    Hard to find someone without baggage at your age. My friend is 38 years and wants to settle down. Tired of banging the young ones, can't find any his age without some pyscho ex always lurking around.
    He finally finds *the one*. 7 month relationship, fiancee, 32, good looking, nice bod......but sez parents dead, no other family members, always dodged questions (and oh yeah, best part, was gonna inherit millions). the alarms really went off when some guy called my friend and asked what he was doing with his wife.
    Wife?
    yup the guy sez, wife with 4 kids; two with me, two from two other guys.
    So he asked me to check her out.....still married, abandoned her family, 4 kids, warrants, repossessions, stripper.......
    Tuff world out there...

uvindex
    When I am asked why, I can't think of an answer.
    Any thoughts?Yes. When people ask you "why have you never married?" it assumes that everyone should be married. In other words, the fact that they ask the question at all is a little presumptous and rude.
    Although I'm married, there's definitely nothing wrong with being unmarried -- even for your whole life if that's your choice. Seriously, only get married if you want to.
    Good luck!

Craig
    Well, I can add some input here Before I met T I would hear the same questions about not being married. Sometimes I wished I'd been married when I was 19 and got diviorced shortly after. Then I could have said I was married when I was young, and eveyone understands. I fullfilled my social commitment! I waited until I was 42 to get hitched. Prior to the I had been engaged a few times but never went further than that. Did eventually meet a girl with a decent head on her shoulders and had only been married once before for 14 months. Never had any kids. So I guess I just waited for the right one to come along. Don't rush into anything. Don't be pressured
    Craig

Bre
    I turning 36 this Sunday and I have never been married, not ever close. When I am asked why, I can't think of an answer. Most of my friends are married and some of them a few times. The ones that are still married have moments of happyness, but there seems to be a lot of other stuff that they have to wade through to get there. But I guess they get to go through everything together and raise great kids and that makes up for everthing they have to go through worth it. Being single is not bad ether, I have the freedom to figure out what life is about in my own time(also get a another boat). I guess what I am saying just be happy where you are and where you are going in life. Sorry the wax on wax off but have not been to the river in a couple months. :hammerhea
    I just thought of an answer:
    I still am trying to find a great woman that can launch a boat and encourage me to buy bigger and better toys.
    All right I am off to go live the single life. :crossx:
    Any thoughts?
    I can launch the boat.. and I like big things :supp:

91nordic29
    dont pressure yourself and dont go lookin'. i know that it sounds cliche but there is a reason for that. it's true. you dont FIND love; it finds you. and when you least expect it.
    PS-- i am pretty crappy at backin' the trailer down but ya know what, i keep tryin' and i always "GETTERDONE" and that is a big plus.
    dont worry.
    someone once asked me why we didnt have children. i really was kinda taken aback. didnt really have an answer, no physical problems or anything, just a personal decision. that person said that we were "selfish". i still dont understand that.

91nordic29
    Well, I can add some input here Before I met T I would hear the same questions about not being married. Sometimes I wished I'd been married when I was 19 and got diviorced shortly after. Then I could have said I was married when I was young, and eveyone understands. I fullfilled my social commitment! I waited until I was 42 to get hitched. Prior to the I had been engaged a few times but never went further than that. Did eventually meet a girl with a decent head on her shoulders and had only been married once before for 14 months. Never had any kids. So I guess I just waited for the right one to come along. Don't rush into anything. Don't be pressured
    Craig
    can i hear an amen, brotha!!?
    yet another testimonial from a person in our age group. we didnt get this far and learn nothin.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast