Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever run a Caddie in a boat?

malcolm
    I just found a deal on a pair of 500 Caddies. Anyone ever tried one in a jet? Before you have a cow, I'm not very serious about this, but I'm just curious.

Froggystyle
    Those are great motors.
    I know that Old Rigger was considering it, but is not done yet. He has a lot of the parts already.
    I had one in a Caddy that I drag raced at Sears Point all the way through high school.
    I think it is a good idea. Really torquey, and shares the rear bolt pattern with an Olds.
    Squirts up!

SchellSchock
    My boat is a 21 footer. All the caddies ive seen are at least that long so I don't see how a Caddie would fit ??? GRIN

Unchained
    I think Caddy engines have been used with boats before but they were always on the end of a really big chain.

Ragemaster
    Hey you guys, there was a thread on Azdons V-Drive site a while back about the same topic. There is a website called Cad 500 or something like that and deals with Caddilac big block performance motors. Tons of cool stuff! Headers, cams, full hot rod Caddy motors and the like.

malcolm
    Yeah, I saw that site too. I just like the idea of running something different. I guess the hard part would be exhaust.

wsuwrhr
    I could make flanges for you. Custom headers for a boat can be had for 800 or less.

Blown 472
    Cut the flanges off the chevy headers, and weld some caddy flanges on, same port spacing.

UBFJ #454
    Are you talking about the NorthStar engine or the old caddy design?

malcolm,
    there's 2 companies that build all kinds of cool stuff for the old 500 caddys. I'll find the links later and post them. Header flandges, intakes, heads, pans, oil pumps, and even wet manifolds for boats. All you really have to do to stick one in a boat is build the front mount. (at least for a jet) Like Froggy said, you can use an olds rear one.
    As far as them being to big for a small boat, I don't know what you guys are talking about!!!!
    They're almost 100 lbs lighter than a BBC. Gobs of tourque.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast