Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howard 28 Bullet Owners

Creator
    We (my dad and I) just started looking for a new boat and were thinking of purchasing this boat but before I spend the time to run out to the factory I would like to get your opinions on it.
    What are your likes and dislikes of your boat?
    If you had the chance to build it again what would you do differently?
    What power are you running and what speeds and handling do you experience?
    Is it made with a full fiberglass inner liner or is the cockpit interior still covered with fabric?
    How does it handle in the big chop and glass water conditions?
    If I missed anything please include it.
    No I'm not new to boating (30+ years) and there is a good chance we will stick with what we have (2750 Lavey w/ blown HP500 making roughly 750hp).
    I really would love to see some pictures of the cockpit area such as the side walls and the flooring. I have seen plenty of the dash and cabin. So if any of you out there can answer my questions and add any input it would be greatly appreciated.
    This is really the only boat I'm interested in so those that have others please don't try to sell me on it unless it has,
    1. Closable under cabin door
    2. Integrated rear swim step (no bolt ons)
    3. Full fiberglass interior
    4. Has the look of the Lavey or Howard.
    5. Is fabricated on the west coast
    6. Must be a deep vee
    Some of the boats I have no interest in include... Ultra, Dana, Eliminator, Kachina, Carrera, Advantage, Commander, Magic, Conquest, Sleek, Hallett, Shockwave, to damn many to keep listing.
    Notice the list has nothing to do with quality just personal preference. I am really looking for a certain style as well as top quality manufacturing.
    Thanks all,
    J

Throttle
    you do not need any help here... you already have listed what you want, go and make yourself happy, drop some $$$ on your new dream boat. good luck and have fun finding what you like and fits your needs.

Riverkid
    Talk to GT.. He's an obvious fan of the boat.

Creator
    you do not need any help here... you already have listed what you want, go and make yourself happy, drop some $$$ on your new dream boat. good luck and have fun finding what you like and fits your needs.
    Minds not made up yet, I still want more info before I leave the lavey. I'm still open to other boats just not certian styles. Basically this post was just to get info on a certian boat and not get a laundry list of other peoples boats like other threads.

Throttle
    Minds not made up yet, I still want more info before I leave the lavey. I'm still open to other boats just not certian styles.
    the howard is nice, lavey makes a bigger one, what is that? does it offer the things on your list?

Creator
    Lavey makes a 29 and the new 32 but I think we want to try a different company and boat. Nothing against the lavey, we love it, but it might be time for a change or maybe not that's why I posted this thread. I really want info from the owners to help answer my questions.

clearfork
    Hello friend,
    If you get a chance go to Howard, they will let you look through any boat. They are more than receptive to long drawn out talks about any and everything. Gene met us on a saturday afternoon and talked with us for 8 hours on his few days that he gets off. I am building the big red 28 with the tpi 900. My boat is being rigged so it would be a good time to check out which wire goes where. Basicly give gene or michael ample notice and they will meet you at your convience.
    the other method is to call Gary taylor. you can get his number from tpboats.com . he is the man to talk with .
    Gene actually gave me a list of customers to call. I call a few to find out what they might do different. All had a good experience and few would deviate from what they had originally done.
    Speedman is on the boards and I talked with him, he also had some good advice.
    PM me if you need to talk further, i will give you my cell.
    It has a full liner with snapout carpet.
    Most of the things you are looking for are there plus 10-15 mph if you want it depending on power.
    Good luck, and have fun which ever way you go.
    Both are nice boats, I came close to buying a Lavey myself.
    On a side note there is a 2950 in NC with a 675 KE for about 110k.
    It is a new boat with only 10 demo hours.

Steamin' Rice
    Have you looked at boats from Ultra, Dana, Eliminator, Kachina, Carrera, Advantage, Commander, Magic, Conquest, Sleek, Hallett, or Shockwave?
    J/K, I am not an owner, but Howard makes a great boat and the Bullett owners all seem to be happy with their purchases.

TPI
    28 Bullet=Good Choice. If you let me know how fast you want to go, and in what conditions, I will be happy to tell you what it will take. The boat handles perfectly in all conditions, so speed is the only variable. The Howard 28 Bullet is very user friendly, and is unbelievably stable! Let me know if I can help in any way at all. Good luck

TPI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast